President Trump Announces 2024 POTUS Campaign

16 Nov 2022 11:40 #1 by FredHayek
Democrat strategies? Do they think he would be easy to beat? Much easier than DeSantis and others. So do you have the DOJ back off on indictments?

Interesting development: Ivanka Trump has said she will not be involved in the campaign.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Nov 2022 12:35 #2 by koobookie
Why should the DOJ not indict Trump? He's just applying for a job, and if there is evidence of a crime, then he should be charged, regardless of whether he is running for another losing bid.

16 Nov 2022 12:48 #3 by ramage
I recommend, www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/11...mpdesantis_2024.html .
This article was written by Brian Joondeph, M. D. Known to the courthouse as the M.D.
being dismissed by HA, because he is a retinal surgeon not an epidemiologist and therefore should not offer an opinion as to Covid.

Well, Brian is not a political pundit and again may well be dismissed by those posting on this forum.

He proposes that Trump is running interference for DeSantis. As Dr. Joondeph states:

"I offer another possibility, or suggestion, as I have zero inside knowledge, only an obsessive interest in all of this. Suppose all the Trump vs DeSantis sparring is nothing but theater? What if the two Florida residents have discussed plans and strategy already? Interestingly, Trump just retruthed a Truth Social comment, “Trump masterfully started this fake ‘fight’ with DeSantis…” perhaps acknowledging this theory.
My theory is that Trump and DeSantis formed a secret alliance, allowing the Trump-hating RINOs to pour hundreds of millions into DeSantis’s potential campaign. The two can feud publicly, sucking the air out of the political room for the next year, then join forces. Not only will they have a huge campaign war chest, but the NeverTrumpers who loved DeSantis one minute will have no idea what to do when they get their wish, except that their guy is running for the White House with another guy they loathe."

This has been on my mind for several months. Few realize that Trump enthusiastically supported DeSantis in his first successful run for the governorship of Florida. DeSantis was a Congressman from a northeastern district, virtually unknown in the rest of the state of Florida. He had little money for his campaign. He was not the preferred candidate of the Republican establishment (Adam Putnam was their choice) in Florida.
Here is a portion of his Wikipedia page, hardly a conservative site
" President Trump had said in December 2017 that he would support DeSantis should he run for governor.[43] During the Republican primary, DeSantis emphasized his support for Trump by running an ad in which DeSantis taught his children how to "build the wall" and say "Make America Great Again" and dressed one of his children in a red "Make America Great Again" jumper.[44] Asked if he could name an issue where he disagreed with Trump, DeSantis did not.

Out of the box thinking to be sure.

16 Nov 2022 13:12 - 16 Nov 2022 13:13 #4 by FredHayek
4-D chess right there!

Question: will they run on the ticket together? Because it is against the law to have the president and vice presidential candidates live in the same state.

This came up with Bush and Cheney so Cheney moved to Wyoming.

16 Nov 2022 13:17 #5 by ramage
Point taken and addressed in the article. Briefly, Trump changes his residency to his New York home, therefore a non-issue.
Brian proffers that it would be a Trump/DeSantis ticket. If successful in the election, DeSantis would be a strong VP, with more clout than Cheney, (well maybe not in that Cheney ran the show). DeSantis would then have 2 full terms on front of him, in 2028.

16 Nov 2022 14:57 - 16 Nov 2022 15:01 #6 by homeagain
his article was written by Brian Joondeph, M. D. Known to the courthouse as the M.D.
being dismissed by HA, because he is a retinal surgeon not an epidemiologist and therefore should not offer an opinion as to Covid.

U BOYS, continue to underestimate me......I think it is BRILLIANT "OUT OF BOX" thinking. Mind games are Trump's forte and faking shit is exactly what he would do. T as POTUS, D as V.P......the combo is caustic

AS A SIDE NOTE Ivanka and her husband r on everyone's radar and they MAY be in legal jeopardy,so it
is extremely wise to EXIT the scene.

ALL BETS R OFF if Niki Halley enters into the fray.

20 Nov 2022 08:03 #7 by Rick
Nikki Halley? Not unless Don and Ron both die.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Nov 2022 19:04 #8 by FredHayek
Elon Musk welcomes President Trump back to Twitter. He has unbanned other controversial figures.

Will President Trump come back?

21 Nov 2022 07:45 - 21 Nov 2022 07:46 #9 by homeagain
TOO MANY options available,.Mastodon is over taking Twitter, there r several others competing with
Mastodon.....Trump's "little" :venture is being trampled.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds