Headline Bias?

16 Nov 2022 18:55 #1 by FredHayek
Headline Bias? was created by FredHayek

Why I prefer to read more than a few sources.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2022 07:34 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Headline Bias?
www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-biden...6f08c20e62cbbdc87470

Murdoch’s Fox had had enough. After Trump started asking his audience, “Remember Angela Merkel?,” the plug was pulled. No more live, uninterrupted propaganda for Trump from the network that, more than any other, had fuelled his political rise and shaped his Presidency. Sean Hannity and his guests would talk about the speech rather than actually show it.

Trump should have been braced for this unkindest cut of all. And, indeed, for the past week, ever since Republicans’ unexpectedly poor showing in the midterm elections, the Murdoch media empire has embarked on a remarkable we-told-you-so campaign hitting Trump. The New York Post, Murdoch’s tabloid and formerly one of Trump’s biggest boosters, savaged the ex-President with a cover depicting him as “Trumpty Dumpty.” In Murdoch’s flagship Wall Street Journal, the editorial board asserted flatly, “Trump Is the Republican Party’s Biggest Loser.” On Fox, Republican guests blamed him for defeats in key races, and the network captioned their appearances with cutting chyrons like “Democrats See Trump as Easiest to Beat,” which ran hours before Trump’s Presidential announcement.

WSJ...a credible source and one, I believe was named as conservative.

17 Nov 2022 08:20 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Headline Bias?
I think President Trump is going to be upset that most of the GOP DC will refuse to support his new campaign. It is only smart for them to lay low during the nominating process.

But do expect to see enthusiastic crowds in Iowa next year supporting the former President. Many of the most eager Republican voters still support the Donald.

17 Nov 2022 13:15 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Headline Bias?
The Democrats supposedly have the goods on Trump, as we’ve heard over and over and over for 6 years. Are they ever going to pull the trigger and lock him up or is it just the usual delusions that they drag along to every election for their low info voters to feast on? Shit or get off the pot.

Either way, I’m good with it. Trump made some fatal remarks about Ron D at the wrong time. He served a great purpose in exposing the corruption in DC and in the media and I’m fine with someone else continuing what he started. If it means saving this country from these current lunatics, I couldn’t care less who gets sacrificed.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Nov 2022 14:56 #5 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Headline Bias?
I take it, Rick, that you didn't watch or read any of the sessions from the January 6th hearings? If so, you would know about Trump's involvement in the insurrection.

You probably also haven't read the articles of impeachment - the first one - where he blackmailed the Ukraine President in order to try to get him to open an investigation into Hunter Biden. If you had, then you would know that Trump is guilty of that activity and should have been removed from office.

Did you read, or watch, the second impeachment, where damning evidence was brought against Trump that showed he incited the mob that threatened not only the members of Congress, but also our democracy. So I don't suppose you noticed that he was guilty of that, as well.

I know for a fact that you have never read the Meuller report. If you had, you would know, among other things, that Trump was aware of the Russian interference in the 2016 election and did nothing.

Remember, Rick, that just because he hasn't been convicted by the Senate in an impeachment, that doesn't mean he was innocent of the charges. It means he had Republican friends. Also remember that Meuller testified under oath that Trump could easily be charged with crimes after he left office.

We will have to wait and see about the J6 committee.

Oh, and Rick? Remember that Trump stole classified and confidential documents from the U.S. Government, actions that, were they done by you or me, would have us sitting in windowless cell awaiting trial. Instead, Donald gets to stand on a stage and announce his candidacy for a third losing presidential election.

His crimes are numerous.

18 Nov 2022 09:30 #6 by homeagain
The Democrats supposedly have the goods on Trump, as we’ve heard over and over and over for 6 years. Are they ever going to pull the trigger and lock him up or is it just the usual delusions that they drag along to every election for their low info voters to feast on? Shit or get off the pot. PER RICK

OH MY, let's see...it took how long for Bernie Madoff,Epstein,O.J. Simpson to reap what they sowed? AGAIN,luck lasts only so long...Q4 2023 or Q1 2024......luck will exit and indictments will enter.

18 Nov 2022 10:55 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Headline Bias?

koobookie wrote: I take it, Rick, that you didn't watch or read any of the sessions from the January 6th hearings? If so, you would know about Trump's involvement in the insurrection.

You probably also haven't read the articles of impeachment - the first one - where he blackmailed the Ukraine President in order to try to get him to open an investigation into Hunter Biden. If you had, then you would know that Trump is guilty of that activity and should have been removed from office.

Did you read, or watch, the second impeachment, where damning evidence was brought against Trump that showed he incited the mob that threatened not only the members of Congress, but also our democracy. So I don't suppose you noticed that he was guilty of that, as well.

I know for a fact that you have never read the Meuller report. If you had, you would know, among other things, that Trump was aware of the Russian interference in the 2016 election and did nothing.

Remember, Rick, that just because he hasn't been convicted by the Senate in an impeachment, that doesn't mean he was innocent of the charges. It means he had Republican friends. Also remember that Meuller testified under oath that Trump could easily be charged with crimes after he left office.

Oh, and Rick? Remember that Trump stole classified and confidential documents from the U.S. Government, actions that, were they done by you or me, would have us sitting in windowless cell awaiting trial. Instead, Donald gets to stand on a stage and announce his candidacy for a third losing presidential election.

His crimes are numerous.

Then why doesn't Merrick Garland have Donald Trump locked up in a jail cell awaiting trial?
Why doesn't the NY AG have President Trump testifying in court?
Why didn't the J6 group subpoena the former president?

Teflon Don II?

18 Nov 2022 11:42 #8 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Headline Bias?
I suppose it's because indicting a former president is a pretty serious action, so Garland better make sure he has a solid case.

If I remember correctly, the NY AG did have Trump testify in a deposition in October. I believe he frequently exercised his fifth amendment rights.

The J6 Committee did subpoena Trump. He did not show up.

19 Nov 2022 07:23 #9 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: I take it, Rick, that you didn't watch or read any of the sessions from the January 6th hearings? If so, you would know about Trump's involvement in the insurrection.

His crimes are numerous.

Then why doesn't Merrick Garland have Donald Trump locked up in a jail cell awaiting trial?
Why doesn't the NY AG have President Trump testifying in court?
Why didn't the J6 group subpoena the former president?

Teflon Don II?

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/18/...counsel-donald-trump

In a justice department statement issued on Friday afternoon, Smith said: “I intend to conduct the assigned investigations, and any prosecutions that may result from them, independently and in the best traditions of the Department of Justice. The pace of the investigations will not pause or flag under my watch. I will exercise independent judgment and will move the investigations forward expeditiously and thoroughly to whatever outcome the facts and the law dictate.”

Smith’s appointment drew a rebuke from Trump within hours on Friday. The former president told Fox News’s digital division: “It is not acceptable. It is so unfair. It is so political.”

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds