Musk makes Mastodon move upward

23 Nov 2022 06:58 #1 by homeagain
www.newyorker.com/culture/infinite-scrol...ce=nl&utm_brand=tny&

But the tumult at Twitter has caused Mastodon to see a sudden surge of mainstream interest. Eugen Rochko, its twenty-nine-year-old creator, told me that in the past month Mastodon has grown from three hundred thousand monthly active users to nearly two million. On a recent video chat, he looked haggard and solemn, like a medical resident on overnight rotation. To keep up with Mastodon’s influx, he’s been working fourteen-hour days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2022 09:03 #2 by FredHayek
There have been many alternatives offered to Facebook and Twitter. It will be interesting to see if any replace them.

Personally I hate hanging around in echo chambers.

HA, going to sign up for Mastadon? Or Tribe Social?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Nov 2022 09:28 #3 by homeagain
NOPE, HA is only on MMT....Nextdoor here in Montrose ticked me off (NOT the mods,they were cool)....just before Halloween I posted Video 'THRILLER' the classic of all times by MJ....one of the MODS commented
how many report posts they received....(it was not well received)....so-o I posted SMOOTH CRIMINAL by MJ AND STATED IT WAS DEDICATED TO AN EX POTUS.....and to report that. Then i requested to be deleted from the board....narrow minded,SMALL in intellect and smug......rural community.mindset. I then finished up my commentary to the community.... PARACHUTES AND MINDS ONLY FUNCTION WHEN OPEN

social media IS the equivalent of "death by a thousand pecks".....NOT willing to be pecked to death.

24 Nov 2022 13:37 #4 by FredHayek
Elon Musk offers amnesty to banned accounts on Twitter. This will make next week very interesting. Will returning accounts try to be good since they have received a second chance? Or will they believe that Musk will let them get away with stuff Jack didn't?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds