Senator Sinema Goes Independent!

12 Dec 2022 21:08 #11 by Rick
SC, I'd respectfully ask you to define "extremism" in the political sense. I'd also like you to give me your best guess as to what percentage of the Republicans are extremists. What particular extreme policies are majority Republican approved or not strongly condemned by the majority?.

What I would really really REALLY like is to make a list of extreme Democrat policies, positions, and narratives that are either majority accepted or majority ignored and not strongly condemned. Then you do the same SC. I invite Koobookie and Homeagain to join and add to your list. Lets see who has the most extreme views that are dangerous to our country. I'm sure there will be major disagreement in what we all perceive as "extreme", but how does this country ever become united again if we all refuse to acknowledge and accept being wrong once in a while. Try me, I'll accept a defeat if there's actual extremism I can't defend, but I really don't think they will compare to your side of the middle.

BTW, you don'f have to make a list all at once. Just post one now and then and we can debate them one by one. I'd better start two threads now... Goodnight

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2022 07:56 #12 by homeagain

Rick wrote: SC, I'd respectfully ask you to define "extremism" in the political sense. I'd also like you to give me your best guess as to what percentage of the Republicans are extremists. What particular extreme policies are majority Republican approved or not strongly condemned by the majority?.

What I would really really REALLY like is to make a list of extreme Democrat policies, positions, and narratives that are either majority accepted or majority ignored and not strongly condemned. Then you do the same SC. I invite Koobookie and Homeagain to join and add to your list. Lets see who has the most extreme views that are dangerous to our country. I'm sure there will be major disagreement in what we all perceive as "extreme", but how does this country ever become united again if we all refuse to acknowledge and accept being wrong once in a while. Try me, I'll accept a defeat if there's actual extremism I can't defend, but I really don't think they will compare to your side of the middle.

BTW, you don'f have to make a list all at once. Just post one now and then and we can debate them one by one. I'd better start two threads now... Goodnight

www.npr.org/2021/02/11/966498544/a-scary...lence-may-be-necessa

A 'Scary' Survey Finding: 4 In 10 Republicans Say Political Violence May Be Necessary

POLITICAL VIOLENCE ADVOCATED ....would that be classified as extremist?

February 11, 20216:00 AM ET

13 Dec 2022 10:41 #13 by FredHayek
Only 3% of colonials were active soldiers against the British Redcoats.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Dec 2022 18:42 #14 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
A 'Scary' Survey Finding: 4 In 10 Republicans Say Political Violence May Be Necessary

POLITICAL VIOLENCE ADVOCATED ....would that be classified as extremist?

February 11, 20216:00 AM ET

1. A majority is defined as more than 50%
2. Do you mean violence like we saw n the summer of 2020 where people were murdered and cities were burned and looted… ALA “mostly peaceful protests”?

How many of your Democrat leaders and leftist media fully denounced that violence?

3. Do you have a poll that asks Democrats that exact same question? That would make it a balanced survey, would it not?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds