GAME ON....."old boy system" should be looking over their shoulders

28 Jan 2023 10:27 #1 by homeagain
thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3832318-...d-other-2024-rivals/

Most of them are my friends. … Let the best woman win.”.................FOR RICK.........told ya,u do NOT know Nikki

It was a clever line, but does it hint at a calculated strategy that will subtly build the case that male Republican leaders have failed the party — and the nation — in recent election cycles? To that question, during that same interview, Haley reminded Hannity and his substantial audience that “Republicans have lost the last seven out of the last eight popular votes for president.”

There is no doubt that Haley realizes major changes are taking place within the Republican, conservative and traditional-faith voter base — namely, that it has become much more open to having women and people of color on a presidential ticket. And Haley may be more than willing to creatively remind that voter base of the past failures of white males who have led our country.

For sure, Haley is making the case that it is time for a “generational” change, with regard to the next ticket. With a broadside that many could assume was directed at both President Biden and Trump, she declared: “When you’re looking at the future of America, I think it’s time for new generational change. I don’t think you need to be 80 years old to go be a leader in D.C.”

In the past, some have speculated that Haley might make an outstanding running mate for the eventual Republican nominee. I recently spoke with a Republican who knows Haley well and said, “She is having none of that. Nikki Haley has decided her time is now and she’s about to take the gloves off when it comes to Trump, DeSantis and Pompeo.”

Pompeo might be the recipient of prolonged pushback from Haley, since it was Pompeo who decided to launch a preemptive strike against the former South Carolina governor. In the seemingly compulsory memoir that’s needed to prep for a presidential run, Pompeo went after Haley by claiming in his just-published book, “Never Give an Inch,” that Haley tried to replace Mike Pence as vice president under Trump. Haley immediately clapped back at Pompeo: “It’s really sad when you’re having to go out there and put lies and gossip [forth] to sell a book.”

Game on.

With his attack against Haley, who he most assuredly sees as a rival for the GOP nomination, Pompeo might have just fallen into her trap. It’s a trap that, among other things, can make a strong case of not only the failures of the Republican “old-boy network,” but also that the network for years — even decades — has worked to keep women and people of color out of the circles of power in Washington.

That’s a message today’s evolving Republican, conservative and faith-based voters would be interested in hearing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2023 06:07 #2 by Rick
You say I don’t know Haley yet you’ve refused to acknowledge what she stands for. She is against everything you’ve been voting for if you’ve been voting for Democrats.

You like her personality, which is fine if you don’t care what her policy goals are. I know her policies much better than you, evidently. If she were to become the nominee (no chance in hell)… I would vote for her because of her policies, not for her identity or personality… that’s how we got stuck with Obama who accomplished nothing for the people he claimed to be fighting for.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jan 2023 07:56 #3 by homeagain
www.newsweek.com/nikki-haley-hints-shes-...ce-president-1775179

Following the January 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, however, Haley has been critical of her former boss, saying at the Republican National Committee dinner the day after the siege that Trump was "badly wrong with his words," Fox News previously reported.

During the 2022 midterm elections, Trump and Haley also clashed on choices for South Carolina's U.S. House of Representatives seat. Haley's endorsed candidate, Representative Nancy Mace, won reelection in November despite facing criticism from Trump.

Haley stopped short of officially announcing her candidacy on Thursday, but addressed her former statement regarding whether she would run against Trump in the presidential race, telling Fox News that she "had a great working relationship with the president."

"But the survival of America matters," the former governor added. "And it's bigger than one person. And when you're looking at the future of America, I think it's time for new generational change. I don't think you need to be 80 years old to go be a leader in D.C

THREE THINGS......a couple of years of Trump's stupidity,CHANGED HER MIND ABUT RUNNING AGAINST, (jAN.6TH)

2. she see/knows America is in a death spiral and the only method to change that is "new blood"...

3. her policies r even handed,some I don't agree with,u are right, but as an over view forward thinking and fair. LIZ CHENEY would be her competitor.....old white men r "done".....there is a long time before 2024 of Nov.........MANY things will look different within that timeframe. JMO

30 Jan 2023 07:47 #4 by FredHayek
They just did some polling in South Carolina and I was shocked at the results. Trump is still leading against DeSantis and totally beats Nikki. I know it is still early, but I expected Donald to do worse against these two candidates and Haley is known in the region.

How boring would it be if both parties wind up nominating Biden and Trump again!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Jan 2023 07:53 #5 by Mary Scott
It appears to me that Nikki Haley's main attribute that HA likes is that she doesn't like Trump.

31 Jan 2023 08:08 #6 by homeagain
Such a short sighted observation......MACRO is lacking

31 Jan 2023 14:41 #7 by Rick
LOL, Liz Cheney will never be elected to any office ever again and the country will be better off.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Feb 2023 07:27 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote: LOL, Liz Cheney will never be elected to any office ever again and the country will be better off.

REALLY ...split the vote,HALLEY IS ANNOUNCING ON THE 15th

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/15/...wley-youngkin-cheney

… and Liz Cheney
Liz Cheney.
Liz Cheney. Photograph: Reuters

The congresswoman from Wyoming is Republican royalty, as daughter of Dick Cheney, vice-president to George W Bush. She is also a stringent conservative. But she decided during the Capitol attack that enough was enough. Standing against Trump made her vice-chair of the January 6 committee, an unlikely hero to liberals and, soon, an ex-congresswoman, having lost her primary. Cheney has not said she’ll run but some think that while she could not win the primary, getting on the ballot in all 50 states as a constitutional conservative might split the right and achieve her goal: to stop Trump at all costs.

01 Feb 2023 16:35 #9 by FredHayek
Nikki might just be shooting for a VP job or as Secretary of State.
I would support her over Trump. And I think she would have a better chance of getting Democrat votes than the Donald.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds