Nikki Haley’s Imminent Demise

01 Feb 2023 19:57 - 01 Feb 2023 19:59 #1 by Rick
I think Haley will make it about as far as Harris did in the primaries. Apparently she’s announcing in a couple weeks. It really amazes me how little some people can read the landscape (I’m talking about Haley).. She’s flipped on some pretty major things and I really don’t know how much base will be left after Trump and DeSantis pull in the majority of voters.

Sorry HA, she’s already done.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2023 11:14 #2 by FredHayek
I think she has a chance. As both a minority and a woman, she is much more appealing for moderates than an 80 year old white guy like Trump and Biden.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Feb 2023 09:16 #3 by Rick
Democrats are turning moderates into what they would call “extremists”. I think you’re mistaken Fred. There’s very little gray area between the two parties where compromise could be had. Squishy “moderates” will be left in the dust, on both sides, thanks to extreme views being pushed by leftists.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Feb 2023 12:14 #4 by homeagain
WELL THEN, u have just described a fourth turning factor. Nikki ....will be under estimated and believed to be a non threat......BIG MISTAKE. I see her as a serious contender and a wise woman who has her eye on the prize.

04 Feb 2023 11:44 #5 by Rick

homeagain wrote: WELL THEN, u have just described a fourth turning factor. Nikki ....will be under estimated and believed to be a non threat......BIG MISTAKE. I see her as a serious contender and a wise woman who has her eye on the prize.

Oh brother, another fourth turning answer. Even if she did have a chance, she still has policies that are the polar opposite of everything you've been voting for. Have you seen her views on abortion?

Haley explained that her pro-life stance on abortion was not about being "for or against women" but instead was about supporting "a baby’s right to live, the most basic right there is.”

"Respect for human life is who we are as Americans. It's right there in the Declaration of Independence. You can't have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without the right to life," said Haley, the former governor of South Carolina who was tapped by President Donald Trump to become the U.N. ambassador in 2017.

There's really only two scenarios that make sense. Either you don't care about all the policies and ideologies she stands for or you just have no clue what they are. There's also the possibility that you just vote based on identity and character, which would put you in with a very large group of Americans who do the same. Just be honest and admit which one it is.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds