HAPPY HORSEY HERD

01 Mar 2023 16:06 #1 by homeagain
HAPPY HORSEY HERD was created by homeagain
The nearby pasture.where I live,now has ANOTHER addition. The "horse whisper" neighbor brought in a yearling (I think,seems smaller) ....making 4 horses. It has been a cool thing to watch the process. The hierarchy of the herd has to be established...he does this by isolating the newbie in the corral...allowing the other herd members to be close,but NOT accessible. (for about 3 or 4 weeks).. The isolated horse does NOT like this....pacing back and forth pretty much all day, so it is hard to watch the frustration. As I observe the process, the "new" palomino comes to visit and seems to understand
what is needed. She is nearby off and on, as a "pal". After a period of time the other horses do the same thing. TODAY THE YEARLING IS OUT IN THE PASTURE WITH THE HERD. Cohesive and collectively "cool" with each other. THIS is going to be a super spring to watch the activity,I think the daughter is going to be practicing for barrel racing.....the 13 year old chestnut horse is her pick. I know two names out of the four horses....COWBOY is the chestnut and BARBIE is the palomino.....have to go visit to see "whts' up".....B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2023 07:45 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic HAPPY HORSEY HERD
I have a good appreciation for horses now but didn’t when I was a kid. We had an Arabian horse ranch and my job was to clean up the manure.

Sounds like you have a pretty cool source of entertainment. Mine is currently a moose and her baby that like to wander through my aspen grove pretty often.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Mar 2023 07:13 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic HAPPY HORSEY HERD
WAS HOPING that one would be a" cutting horse"....how absolutely awesome to watch rider and horse "at one".

03 Mar 2023 11:10 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic HAPPY HORSEY HERD
We used to have a retired cutting horse, Sheba. She loved when we saddled her up and went after the range cattle.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Mar 2023 14:26 #5 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic HAPPY HORSEY HERD
we have a ANOTHER new addition, a miniature!......seems like male...VERY combative with the alpha horse,
head high,main flowing,compact little body,well proportioned...just the coolest thing ever. FIVE seems like odd man out...the other two newbies "hang with each other...buds. It's going to be a "horsey" summer .

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds