Denver Post: Customers Are More Rude.

12 Mar 2023 10:35 #1 by FredHayek
Their article today from interviews with bartenders and waiter/waitresses claims customers are more rude these days post-pandemic. Do you agree? I don't see much difference myself.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2023 12:08 #2 by Rick
Restaurants have been struggling to find people willing to work, thanks to our idiot leaders who did everything they could to kill those businesses. As a result, the service generally sucks and the prices are crazy high. I wonder why customers would be angry?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Mar 2023 18:17 #3 by ramage
It is interesting to me that there are waiters and waitresses that still wear masks. Albeit they are few. When I ask them whether they are immunocompromised or if they are infected with a contagious disease , they take umbrage. The first I can understand completely ( though they should seek a change of employment) the latter, then there is no excuse of them serving in a restaurant.
If they say that they are protecting themselves and their customers, I shrug. Consequently my attitude as to the tip is influenced negatively. No need to reward ignorance.

12 Mar 2023 18:39 #4 by FredHayek
At our diner, waitresses or staff who wear masks are sick. I don't know about other places.

BTW, we haven't noticed customers being more rude than before despite added fees, higher prices and worse service than before the pandemic.

12 Mar 2023 19:23 #5 by ramage
Fred,
They are sick as in having something infectious? Or mentally sick for waring a mask. Again in the first instance, they should not be serving food. In the second, I agree.
I don't watch other customers as to what they tip; have never heard any outbursts from customers.
Being a customer and having no knowledge of what happens behind the scenes, I do not know if tips have fallen off.

13 Mar 2023 08:18 #6 by Rick
To be clear, I've also not noticed rude customers, but if there are more rude ones it's pretty obvious why.

As for the forever maskers, they are the weakest of our society (mentally) and are the most likely to fall in line WHEN future government demands are issued. At least the mask tells us who they are and who they are likely to vote for.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Mar 2023 08:50 #7 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Fred,
They are sick as in having something infectious? Or mentally sick for waring a mask. Again in the first instance, they should not be serving food. In the second, I agree.
I don't watch other customers as to what they tip; have never heard any outbursts from customers.
Being a customer and having no knowledge of what happens behind the scenes, I do not know if tips have fallen off.

Volunteering to give up wages because they have a cold? I think they would rather put on a mask.

13 Mar 2023 10:22 - 13 Mar 2023 10:23 #8 by ramage
I have never been in the restaurant business, however my profession involved close contact with people. When any employee showed up wearing a mask because of an infectious disease, I sent them home.

13 Mar 2023 15:25 #9 by Rick
I was in the restaurant business for 15 years. There's probably no better place to spread germs around and a mask won't help. You'd have to assume the mask wearers never touch their masks, which is pretty much impossible.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds