Is Defending Ukraine A Vital US Interest?

14 Mar 2023 08:56 #1 by FredHayek
Personally I don't think so. Neither did President Obama. He let Russia take over Crimea and other parts of Ukraine in 2014.

America is taking on a record amount of debt, inflation is at record highs, China is a much bigger danger than Putin trapped in the Ukrainian steppes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2023 16:02 #2 by Blazer Bob
It is vital to preventing the US public from knowing how much payola the Biden's received.

15 Mar 2023 16:12 #3 by ramage
Lindsey Graham, (R-SC) is helping Slo Joe. He announced that U.S. fighters should shoot down Russian airplanes that interfere with our drones.
The administration has stated that the Black Sea is "very, very deep" where the drone went down and they did not think that the Russians would be able to recover the drone. What will be the Administration's response when they recover air to surface missiles? Are you old enough to remember or have you read about the U2 fiasco?

16 Mar 2023 09:11 #4 by ramage
At first, I thought that this was from a satire cite such as Babylon Bee.

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/mar/15...&bt_ts=1678961265008

19 Mar 2023 20:54 #5 by ramage
It is being reported in the European press that Russia has located the U.S. drone in the Baltic Sea and will be sending salvage crews down. Do you think that it will mysteriously explode before the Russian divers get to it?

20 Mar 2023 07:59 #6 by FredHayek
I think it probably has a self destruct mechanism. 34 million dollar price tag should include that.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Mar 2023 10:31 #7 by Freezeman
I would rather think that it will mysteriously explode as the Russian divers get to it?

20 Mar 2023 12:19 #8 by ramage
If it was detonated in the presence of Russians divers and they were killed, would that be considered an act of war?
The drone is in international waters and can be salvaged by anyone. Intentional detonation or a "booby trap" detonation in which the U.S. has not notified salvagers that the drone is booby trapped would violate international sea law.

21 Mar 2023 06:24 #9 by Freezeman
Well then warn everyone, All USA equipment can be deadly when tampered with.
Put a sticker on it.

21 Mar 2023 09:46 #10 by ramage
If I understand you correctly, you would have the U.S. tell all salvagers that a drone with munitions was flying towards Russian airspace with its transponder turned off. Not a good admission to make.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds