I,ROBOT.......movie merges with REAL life.

03 May 2023 06:36 #1 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2023/05/02/tech/hinton-tappe...-ai-fears/index.html

In an interview Monday with the New York Times, which was first to report his move, Hinton said he was concerned about AI’s potential to eliminate jobs and create a world where many will “not be able to know what is true anymore.” He also pointed to the stunning pace of advancement, far beyond what he and others had anticipated.

“If it gets to be much smarter than us, it will be very good at manipulation because it will have learned that from us, and there are very few examples of a more intelligent thing being controlled by a less intelligent thing,” Hinton told Tapper on Tuesday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2023 08:17 #2 by FredHayek
Populations are starting to decline around the world. Perfect time for AI's and robots to take our places?

Some of the AI art I have seen is amazing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 May 2023 06:41 #3 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2023/05/30/tech/ai-industry-...k-warning/index.html

“Societies can manage multiple risks at once; it’s not ‘either/or’ but ‘yes/and,’” Hendrycks tweeted. “From a risk management perspective, just as it would be reckless to exclusively prioritize present harms, it would also be reckless to ignore them as well.”

MATRIX may manifest quicker than planned....r u ready?

31 May 2023 18:18 #4 by FredHayek
Our ancestors from 500 years ago saw very little change in their lives. I thought the generations that lived in the 20th century saw incredible changes, from horses to jet aircraft to space travel, but these tech changes are happening even faster in the 21st century.

Could we have whole populations on the dole doing nothing, their jobs replaced by robots and AI'S? Driving jobs gone.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds