did the doctor ask u to touch your toes?

13 Jul 2023 17:29 #1 by homeagain
www.kevinmd.com/2023/07/how-observing-pa...hidden-ailments.html

to this day, I can tell, by observing their walk alone, if a patient has had a stroke, suffers from Parkinson’s disease, has had polio in the past, may have a side effect from medication, has arthritis of the knee or hip, or many other ailments.

How many of your doctors watch you walk?

ELEMENTARY,BASIC AND NOT BEING DONE.......WHY???? (the teaching process has been downgraded and declining for many years).....thinking out of the box is obsolete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jul 2023 21:56 #2 by FredHayek
Doctors that are detectives like Sherlock Holmes?

They are so rushed from their schedule I am surprised they have time to even talk to the patient.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jul 2023 12:00 #3 by homeagain
The Medicare program pays for a "wellness exam"....each year u r asked to set an appt for that "exam",there is absolute NO reason this simple observation (walk,touch your toes) is excluded......I have Never had a doctor ask me to perform these simple actions. The "wellness exam: is a waste of doctor time.it does nothing. I exclude this inane appt,after seeing what a waste of time it is. There r MANY BOOMERS on Medicare, what a joke......OBSERVATION of the patient,as described, is NOT being done.

14 Jul 2023 12:19 #4 by ramage
Medicare pays for a "wellness" exam, there is no one forcing you to go since you feel that you are wasting the physician's time.
How do you know that your physician did not observe you gait as you walked to the examining room?
I would posit that the great majority of Americans cannot touch their toes, many factors, e.g. too fat, back surgery, etc.
What would the ability to touch or not touch your toes indicate with regard to your health?

14 Jul 2023 13:00 #5 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Medicare pays for a "wellness" exam, there is no one forcing you to go since you feel that you are wasting the physician's time.
How do you know that your physician did not observe you gait as you walked to the examining room?
I would posit that the great majority of Americans cannot touch their toes, many factors, e.g. too fat, back surgery, etc.
What would the ability to touch or not touch your toes indicate with regard to your health?

[/b]

I touch my toes (and the shower floor) EVERY morning and evening....it allows me a certain sense of relief for my back.

How many of your doctors watch you walk? How many spend more than 10 to 15 minutes asking you questions? Medicine has changed, and so has the ability of doctors to make a diagnosis through simple observation.

Instead, they rely on technology to figure it out. “Let’s do an X-ray, get a blood test, or hope the insurance company will allow us to do a CT scan or MRI.” Simply observing might be a cheaper alternative.

Sometimes, one wonders why the public has diminished confidence in the medical profession.
When my colleagues have been relegated by insurance companies, hospitals, and health care organizations to making a stethoscope a relic of the past, and the discussion between patients and doctors is limited to a few minutes, then all of us suffer.]

THIS BOLDED IS FROM THE DOCTOR......and yes I have told my "new" PCP I do not want a wellness exam,colonoscopy,mamo or any of the other things he is required to ask because of Medicare. For the larger portion of my life,I do not go to doctors......it is simpler way to live.

15 Jul 2023 19:12 #6 by FredHayek
Might be the doctor's personal style? I used to have a GP who was very hands on, but my current one is almost afraid of touching me.
First one was male, the current one is female.

My wife doesn't like one of our veterinarians because she isn't very hands on with our animals at all.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds