Imature Young Adults?

24 Sep 2023 08:28 #1 by FredHayek

Interesting stats. It looks like more and more teens are not as eager to move onto adulthood as past generations. I couldn't wait to drive and do the other things adults do. Do you think this is partially due to smart phones and the internet? Could it also be parents who don't want their children to grow up too fast?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2023 13:16 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Imature Young Adults?
I think a good part of the problem is the cost of living due to bad policies like dumping tons of money into the economy and the intentional war on affordable energy. I'm still waiting fior the green energy boom that is supposed to make all of our lives better. I feel bad for these young people who have to pay for our electoral mistakes.

I'm thankful that two out of my three children found spouses they can build a family with and double their ability to buy a home . My youngest is still in nursing school and has been working as a CNA for 5 years to pay for her school and live on her own (with a roomate).

I give my wife most of the credit for instilling a sense of ergency to leave our home and make their own way,

So I'd say the parents are the biggest factors followed by the health of the economy, which is on the verge of collapse if we continue the madness.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Sep 2023 11:06 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Imature Young Adults?
Housing prices? Someone did some analysis and found that the price of housing per square foot hasn't changed once adjusted for inflation. Go to a 50's neighborhood and you will see the homes are much smaller, tinier rooms, one car garage instead of a three car unit. Modern houses take up more room on the same lot. Or are more likely to be two and three story.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds