THE FALL, THE WOLF and what is next?

24 Sep 2023 09:27 #1 by homeagain
www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/09/michael-...T_ACCOUNT_PAGE&mbid=

The subtitle is “the End of Fox News” because you believe that whatever happens after Rupert dies, it’s going to become a fundamentally different network, or because you actually think the network will cease to exist?

I think it will cease to exist in its present form. I think it will go into a radical transition in which, either James Murdoch will take over and change it into something else, or they will sell it. Fox has existed in its present state just for one reason: It’s controlled by Rupert Murdoch, who is the one man who can stand up, or has been able to stand up, to the political and social opprobrium at a fierce, fierce level, and to do this for the sake of making enormous amounts of money. But when he departs, that changes very clearly and very quickly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2023 11:39 - 24 Sep 2023 11:43 #2 by FredHayek
Interesting. The Far Right think Lachlan is a liberal and will move Fox News to the center. Guess we will see what happens.

I predict Fox will continue to be a success. CNN has failed in trying to pivot to the center. And the Far Right alternatives to Fox have carved out a niche for themselves, but they don't seem to know how to increase it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Sep 2023 13:38 #3 by Rick
There's no difference between FOX and any other news organization, they are only successful because they show a side of news that the left wing news sources don't want to cover, and vice versa.

FOX isn't going anywhere but they will keep losing some viewers as they lose their balls and keep trying to attract viewers from the other side, which will never happen.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Sep 2023 11:02 #4 by FredHayek
Fox is actually doing a good job attracting "hate watchers". Liberals who watch the network just to monitor the "enemy" and get their blood pressure up.

29 Sep 2023 17:47 #5 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Fox is actually doing a good job attracting "hate watchers". Liberals who watch the network just to monitor the "enemy" and get their blood pressure up.

I do the same with leftist news sources but I don’t consider it hate watching. If you only consume the right or the left you have no idea whether or not you are being lied to or if there are stories your trusted sources don’t want you to know about.

I believe most people who call Fox News Faux News don’t watch the channel, they just hear a snippet without context from a competitor and that’s all they need to form their opinions.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Sep 2023 11:32 #6 by FredHayek
Totally agree. I like to monitor numerous media sources, not caring about their bias. It can be just as telling to see which stories they refuse to cover.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds