Define Woke

25 Sep 2023 15:09 #1 by koobookie
Define Woke was created by koobookie
How do you define woke?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2023 07:41 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Define Woke
ELATED that u asked that question....because the verbiage is puzzling to me. JMO...."woke" seems to me to mean AWARE. AWARE that r way of life has changed, our understanding of many things has come to the forefront,ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL,diversity,acceptance of, rather than discredit,inclusiveness rather than exclusiveness.......live and let live, being authentic self and not expecting "a fall in line" behavior. INTEGRITY of actions. (I got no clue what society means by this latest buzzword)

26 Sep 2023 14:04 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Define Woke
Woke is white liberals calling Latinos, "Latinx".
Woke is white liberals giving the "Woman Of The Year" award to someone who was born a male.
Woke is reversing Title IX gains for women in sports by letting male athletes compete in their games.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Sep 2023 15:06 #4 by FredHayek

Another example. Also telling that men can menstruate.

Attachments:

26 Sep 2023 16:24 #5 by FredHayek

Woke is when you think suppressing free speech is a good thing. Or calling it "hate speech" if people disagree with your opinions. And think censorship of it is a good thing.

Attachments:

28 Sep 2023 14:20 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Define Woke
Woke is believing in whatever new fantasy the left decides to invent and to push on the rest of us. Believing that children have the wisdom to decide whether or not they should permanently alter their bodies and minds through artificial hormones and surgeries is the peak of wokeness.

Woke people are not awake and aware of truth. They live in a reality made up by people who are not happy with natural order.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Feb 2024 10:13 #7 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Define Woke
I view "woke" as more of having empathy for fellow humans, something MAGA people like Boebert lack.

Attachments:

16 Feb 2024 13:02 #8 by FredHayek
But Lauren Boebert knows what makes a woman a woman. The new Biden Supreme Court Justice has declared she doesn't know what makes a woman a woman because she is not a scientist.

Do you need to be a scientist to know who is a woman?

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds