RFK Running as an Independent

01 Oct 2023 22:15 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic RFK Running as an Independent

homeagain wrote: www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/09/rfk-kenn...rm=VYF_Cocktail_Hour

LONG READ.....I came away "blown" because a televised interview with him was rich with history and ran the entire spectrum from Cuba/Bay of Pigs, Vietnam,Nixon, CIA the two assassinations ,,Ukraine, Putin,,Russia/ China and his views on present POTUS. It was a VERY cohesive and a calm discussion.

I did a very short skim and it looks interesting. I’ll give it a read and review when it get time.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Oct 2023 15:44 #12 by ramage
As expected RFK, Jr. has announced as an independent candidate for the Presidency. Now the work begins. Every state has its own requirements to have one's name placed on the ballot. In Colorado, running as an independent requires 12,000 signatures of Colorado voters, by July, 2024. Kennedy is going to need a strong group in each state to meet the requirements.
I still think that he will align with an existing minor party, Libertarian, for example, that has a signature gathering structure in place.
Good luck!

09 Oct 2023 19:30 #13 by FredHayek
Colorado makes it very easy to get on the presidential ballot and I applaud the state for that. Oklahoma? The parties combine to pretty much eliminate anyone but Republicans and Democrats.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Oct 2023 12:48 #14 by ramage
I agree that Colorado has an easier path than most states, 12,000 signatures does not seem insurmountable but the ground pounders have to be there to garner the signatures and that's the rub. By the way WY requires only 4,025 signatures to get on the ballot, but I can see RFK, Jr. skipping that state as unwinnable .

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds