WHO KNEW? Markle making moves.

01 Oct 2023 14:35 #1 by homeagain
www.foxnews.com/politics/oprah-winfrey-m...nts-dianne-feinstein

"Meghan is definitely a long-shot but in the craziness that is US politics these days it's not an impossibility. Crazier things have happened," a major Democratic donor told the Mail.

Markle's name was reportedly considered for the U.S. Senate before the 2020 election when Biden chose Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate. At that time, a senior Labour Party source told the Mail that Markle had been "networking among senior Democrats" on the venture of building a grassroots campaign eventually targeting a presidential bid of her own.

Markle has grown a close friendship with Gloria Steinem. A friend fo Steinem's told the Mail, "Gloria has been introducing Meghan to pivotal people within the party."

"Meghan is interested in politics more than anything else. That's where she believes her power is, but she has had to focus on making money," the unnamed source is quoted to have said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2023 15:16 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WHO KNEW? Markle making moves.
Some celebs are unaware of their actual popularity among the masses. I believe Markle is one of those people who believes she has a lot of influence, when she’s actually nothing special at all.

But in the Democrat party she does have the correct identity credentials so I guess she has a good chance.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Oct 2023 15:56 #3 by homeagain
Let me understand this.....EXCLUDED as royalty in the Monarchy(from a scathing expose),actor in a long running series,extensive celeb exposure/background,BUT little to none political power/ or presence? HOW
does this roll out?

01 Oct 2023 16:05 #4 by Rick
I don’t care if a candidate has any experience in the political world but I do care if they have made real accomplishments that could be useful in making important decisions. John Fedderman is a good example of a guy who has never accomplished anything and even has mental limitations, yet still, he somehow got elected as a senator. I have no idea how this country will survive if we continue electing people who have no relevant real world experiences.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Oct 2023 10:52 #5 by homeagain
www.axios.com/2023/10/02/laphonza-butler...einstein-replacement

Why it matters: Butler will be the first Black lesbian to openly serve in the Senate. She is also the second Black woman to represent California in the Senate, after Vice President Harris, California Gov. Gavin Newsom's office said in the announcement.

"Laphonza has spent her entire career fighting for women and girls and has been a fierce advocate for working people," Newsom wrote on X.
Butler is expected to be sworn in on Wednesday, per Politico.

OK THEN, Sigh of relief.

02 Oct 2023 19:27 #6 by ramage
Not only is Ms. Butler all that HA listed but she is also a citizen of Maryland. But who cares?

02 Oct 2023 19:32 #7 by FredHayek
Butler also is a major source of Democrat dark money.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Oct 2023 06:29 #8 by Rick
It’s really remarkable how our history of racism has turned into a new era of acceptable racism. Somehow it’s perfectly normal to discriminate against 94% of the population when picking a replacement for Feinstein. Biden set the precedent in stone and now it repeats. MLK doing lots of rolling.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds