Biden Administration Pivots On Illegal Immigration

05 Oct 2023 07:59 #1 by FredHayek

Big city mayors are screaming over the tremendous expense of housing record numbers of illegal immigrants, so they are starting to build new walls on the Mexico border. They are coming way too fast for communities to absorb them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2023 08:36 - 05 Oct 2023 08:36 #2 by ramage
"Mayorkas says he is using his authority provided by Congress to waive 26 federal laws, including the Clean Air Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Endangered Species Act."

It is amazing that Mayorkas has the power to rescind Biden's executive order. Remember this.

"The administration had put a halt to new border wall construction in early 2021, after Biden had promised as a presidential candidate that there would "not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration." The administration said wall construction under the Trump administration was "just one example of the prior administration’s misplaced priorities and failure to manage migration in a safe, orderly and humane way."

www.foxnews.com/politics/myorkas-cites-i...s-immigration-surges

Schadenfreude ???

05 Oct 2023 08:41 #3 by FredHayek

So if you are the president, you are allowed to break the law? Will environmental groups sue this administration like they did President Trump?

Attachments:

05 Oct 2023 08:54 #4 by FredHayek

"Lax shoplifting laws". No wonder people are willing to cross a hot desert to enter America illegally. They can steal the American Dream!

Attachments:

05 Oct 2023 09:01 #5 by Rick
What amazes me is the pure stupidity of the Democrat party that has been saying for years that “walls don’t work”. By extension, doors don’t work, windows don’t work, fences don’t work.., The country is struggling in so many ways and these people have been too stubborn to admit that TRUMP WAS RIGHT, again.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Oct 2023 09:21 #6 by hillfarmer
What amazes me is how the right wing can be so inept. The House is a clown car without a driver. Typical right wing hysteria and hypocrisy. If they would do their job instead of working to blow up the government, perhaps there would be a chance to do something meaningful on immigration.

05 Oct 2023 09:38 #7 by ramage
" something meaningful on immigration."

What is your idea of immigration reform?

Perhaps you support this proposal:
www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/stateme...-immigration-system/

05 Oct 2023 09:56 #8 by Rick

hillfarmer wrote: What amazes me is how the right wing can be so inept. The House is a clown car without a driver. Typical right wing hysteria and hypocrisy. If they would do their job instead of working to blow up the government, perhaps there would be a chance to do something meaningful on immigration.

Ramage beat me to the first question but I have another one for you. How is it a Republican problem when Biden directly invited all these people to come here and dismantlked all of Trump's policies that kept the border managable with just a fraction of current illegal crossings?

I'd love it if you stuck around this time and continued your point of view.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Oct 2023 20:34 #9 by Rick
We should also talk about WHY Biden decided to build more wall at this point in time.

I think it’s pretty obvious that he’s doing this because of all the law breaking immigrants that have been flown and bussed to big blue cities that haven’t gotten their fair share of what they voted for. The people who voted for Biden are finally feeling the reality of an open border.

This is Biden’s way of acting like he’s doing something, for once. Next he will authorize work permits for all followed by a path to a new Dem voter block.

George Orwell

06 Oct 2023 08:35 #10 by FredHayek

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds