Generation X Wealthier Than Baby Boomers

07 Oct 2023 16:37 #11 by Rick
I feel for you HA. I never had 3 close deaths in a row but I did have 2. As a self employed entrepreneur, I too had no one to pay me while I was grieving. Life is tough and always will be.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2023 09:37 #12 by homeagain
I too had no one to pay me while I was grieving

a corporation is far different than being your own boss, U missed the point....the supervisor was an ego based BOMC mentality. HE assumed he could dominate and harass (which he did,I won't even go down that path here) a female subordinate. What he did not know is I would stand my ground and FIGHT....ultimately, because of his BMOC attitude,HIS supervisor caught wind of the egregious act and gave him a taste of his own b.s.......the superior hid his company issued computer and then made him think it was stolen,sending him into a flurry of searching, since he would have had to replace it (out of pocket).

Ultimately,years late, I was told he had throat cancer.unclear what the outcome was. Words r things and what spews forth from your mouth has ramifications. (not my original statement,it is from Maya Angelo)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds