medium range HOT MESS

13 Oct 2023 20:47 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic medium range HOT MESS
I doubt Jim Jordan will secure enough votes to become the next Speaker. The GOP margin is that tight and Jordan has made enemies.
Of course the more dysfunctional Congress is, usually the better for America.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2023 06:10 #12 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic medium range HOT MESS
It's too bad the people leading us have zero common sense and don't seem to be at all concerned with the prosperity and security of this country. Solar panels and windmills will save us though... PER RICK

ahem the R's SEEM TO BE DEEPLY DIVIDED, the r's are NOT governing with common sense and concern for the country,OR ELSE WE WOULD HAVE A SPEAKER APPOINTED.

14 Oct 2023 07:15 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic medium range HOT MESS
I wish the biggest concern in our country was who the next house speaker was going to be, but sadly, it’s a few miles down the list. A new house speaker won’t be able to fix our open border that is allowing very bad people to cross daily. A new house speaker can’t do anything about out debt death spiral that is destroying the future for my children either. It’s just one person in a large pool of worthless idiots who will do nothing to fix what the idiots have done to us.

I feel like we are all on the Titanic and only some of us know we hit an iceberg and everyone else is complaining about the overcooked chicken they served last night.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Oct 2023 08:59 #14 by homeagain
I feel like we are all on the Titanic and only some of us know we hit an iceberg and everyone else is complaining about the overcooked chicken they served last night. (per rick)

WELCOME, my friend....we r in the Fourth Turning.......in the end, it will be sorted out and sanity will prevail.

14 Oct 2023 13:33 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic medium range HOT MESS
What if The Fourth Turning is wrong? But you see your entire world through its prism?

Be very skeptical when a very complex world is reduced to a simple explanation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Oct 2023 15:12 #16 by homeagain
HISTORY......cycles,(pinnacles and abysses) r a on going process, ever present. The Fourth Turning takes many forms,but the result is the same...upheaval and new paradigm to replace thee old.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds