WITH NINE,can things be fine?

23 Oct 2023 06:41 #1 by homeagain
www.axios.com/2023/10/23/house-republica...e-speaker-candidates

What they're saying: "The pressure now I feel like from the grassroots is, you guys look like idiots, you don't have your act together, just get this done — we need a leader. So I feel like that it's not about personality, it's about the general lack of cohesion and the appearance of chaos," one lawmaker told Axios.

YA THINK???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2023 14:41 #2 by homeagain
ANOTHER one bites the dust.......didn't even last a day.. FIRST nominee of nine, DID NOT go fine.

24 Oct 2023 16:34 #3 by ramage
Tom Emmer, R-MN asked for a vote in the Republican caucus and found that there were at least 26 votes against him. He withdrew his name. Why, the opposition? Emmer wants to eliminate the Electoral College among other issues that conservatives hold dear.
My prediction, Byron Donalds, R-FL, a black conservative. Difficult for a Republican representative to vote against him on the floor of the House, in public. The dems would vote against him, because he is a white man in black clothing, i.e. conservative.

24 Oct 2023 19:00 #4 by FredHayek
Trump gave Emmer an official thumbs down so he knew his candidacy was doomed. RINO politician.
Interesting alternative you suggested. Might be the only option.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2023 09:01 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WITH NINE,can things be fine?

ramage wrote: My prediction, Byron Donalds, R-FL, a black conservative. Difficult for a Republican representative to vote against him on the floor of the House, in public. The dems would vote against him, because he is a white man in black clothing, i.e. conservative.

I don’t understand why it’s unacceptable for a black man to have conservative ideas and values. Is it not racist to suggest that skin color should dictate one’s ideology, or am I just too old and uninformed to understand this relatively new thinking?

What is a “white man in black clothing”? If a black man can be described as a white man, then color of skin doesn’t matter. What you’re saying is that the black man is more defined by his ideology than by the color of his skin, which is the complete opposite of today’s progressive doctrine, and I would agree with that.

So, subconsciously, you just admitted what conservatives have know for decades and what liberals have rejected… people should not be judged by their skin color because that is not who they are. We are all individuals with different ideologies and beliefs who all happen to look different.

Skin color should not be a qualification in a country that rejects racism, yet here we are.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Oct 2023 10:37 #6 by FredHayek
Thomas Sowell has no problem being accepted as a leading conservative writer, except with the DNC.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Oct 2023 18:11 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic WITH NINE,can things be fine?

ramage wrote: The dems would vote against him, because he is a white man in black clothing, i.e. conservative.

My apologies ramage, for some reason I thought I was responding to someone else and did not realize this was sarcasm and not a slam against a black conservative.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds