US Debt At Record Levels

24 Oct 2023 09:49 #1 by FredHayek

Yet Secretary Yellen believes America can fund two wars with debt at 5% interest already.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2023 08:38 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic US Debt At Record Levels
Yellen has to be one of the dumbest and most dangerous people in our government. We are borrowing money to pay for everything at a rising rate of interest. Obama’s dream of fundamentally changing this country has come to fruition.

Congratulations to all who voted for this. Today I’m ordering another year’s worth of emergency food, and probably a few sides of bullets, for hunting.

But seriously, why is our financial emergency not being talked about? We are beyond the point of being able to reverse the debt spiral and we are concerned about a house speaker… really?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Oct 2023 10:21 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic US Debt At Record Levels
BECAUSE nothing can be voted on or passed into law......we r stymied.

Oh,the financial picture....THAT is part of the Fourth Turning (u can not continue to print money and expect
nirvana to CONTINUE INDEFINITELY)......but we believe in unicorns,and rainbows so ,here we r,broken.

25 Oct 2023 11:37 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic US Debt At Record Levels
Don’t worry, a new speaker is about to be chosen, and still, nobody cares.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Oct 2023 14:48 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic US Debt At Record Levels
I would love for the new Speaker to hammer out a new budget with Biden and Schumer instead of another CR, but I doubt it will happen.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2023 18:53 #6 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic US Debt At Record Levels
Lots of things that I would love to happen, but it is not going to be.
Fiscal bill originate in the House, let's see what the Republicans, led by Johnson, come up with.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds