Trump vs James (not the people)

06 Nov 2023 09:23 #1 by Rick
So, elected Democrat Latisha James had, as her main campaign message, the promise to take down Donald Trump. That alone should have been a major red flag to anyone who doesn't have TDS.

The "crime" is alleged to be fraud in the valuation of Trump properties in order to get bank loans. Since none of the banks have been harmed and the loans were paid back, where is the fraud? DA James claims Trump's Mara Lago's worth was only 18 million dollars when comparables are in the hunders of millions.

What am I missing and why are we really here... is this equal justice for all or just another one of many political attacks against Biden's opponent?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Nov 2023 10:45 #2 by FredHayek
I think the Democrats want one party rule and one way to discourage Republicans running is attempting to jail GOP candidates.

Imagine how the press would scream if a Jefferson County Republican prosecutor pledged to target Governor Polis?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Nov 2023 12:14 #3 by Rick
We know the election interference is only acceptable for Democrats. They have taken it to a new third world level and it will destroy our county if left to continue.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Nov 2023 13:09 #4 by koobookie

Rick wrote: So, elected Democrat Latisha James had, as her main campaign message, the promise to take down Donald Trump. That alone should have been a major red flag to anyone who doesn't have TDS.

The "crime" is alleged to be fraud in the valuation of Trump properties in order to get bank loans. Since none of the banks have been harmed and the loans were paid back, where is the fraud? DA James claims Trump's Mara Lago's worth was only 18 million dollars when comparables are in the hunders of millions.

What am I missing and why are we really here... is this equal justice for all or just another one of many political attacks against Biden's opponent?

You do realize that it was a Grand Jury that reviewed evidence and recommended charges, don't you? It wasn't James alone, it was a Grand Jury.

08 Nov 2023 06:54 #5 by driver8

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: So, elected Democrat Latisha James had, as her main campaign message, the promise to take down Donald Trump. That alone should have been a major red flag to anyone who doesn't have TDS.

You do realize that it was a Grand Jury that reviewed evidence and recommended charges, don't you? It wasn't James alone, it was a Grand Jury.

These people see a conspiracy in everything that goes against their own bad judgment... this is what happens when they buy into the verbal diarrhea that passes for republican ideology today... they are locked into the firehose of misinformation like is the 2nd coming of their god.

08 Nov 2023 07:29 - 08 Nov 2023 07:30 #6 by ramage
Rick wrote,

"What am I missing and why are we really here...."

What is missing is a victim of the purported crime.

08 Nov 2023 10:13 #7 by Rick

ramage wrote: Rick wrote,

"What am I missing and why are we really here...."

What is missing is a victim of the purported crime.

“Victims” in 2023 can be people who are easily offended or triggered by words. Trump has created more victims that anyone in the history of our country.

George Orwell

08 Nov 2023 10:22 #8 by koobookie
There doesn't have to be a victim in order for a crime to be committed. All you have to do is break the law, which Trump is accused of doing.

09 Nov 2023 13:21 #9 by Rick
If others have been credibly charged for the same thing, I'd love to see some examples where nobody was a victim of fraud yet the state was able to destroy the individual or company anyway. Latisha James made a campaign promise to take out Trump before she had all the facts. I think the biggest issue for me is the non-stop attempts to charge Trump with something, anything in order to take away the choice of tens of millions of voters. What is being done to Trump only happens in third world countries and has never happened here, unitl now. A grand jury is not the same as a regular jury because they don't get to hear the defense, just the alleged charges.

George Orwell

09 Nov 2023 13:27 #10 by FredHayek
Exactly. She ran on taking down President Trump. It helped her get campaign donations from leftists who hate the Donald. And got her votes in a deep blue area.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds