YES, Virgina, .there is a Santa Klaus...VIRGINIA was vital to vote

08 Nov 2023 06:47 #1 by homeagain
www.nytimes.com/2023/11/08/us/politics/e...ocrats-abortion.html

The Democratic governor of Kentucky, Andy Beshear, won a second term, after repeatedly criticizing his Republican opponent for initially backing a state abortion ban that contains no exceptions for rape or incest. In Virginia, Democrats won control of both chambers after an avalanche of advertising focused on abortion. In Pennsylvania, Democrats won a seat on the State Supreme Court, in a race that also saw a flurry of abortion-related ads.

And in Ohio, a ballot measure establishing a right to abortion in the State Constitution won by a double-digit margin, a striking demonstration of support for abortion rights in a conservative state that Donald J. Trump won twice by convincing margins.

The results amounted to a resounding victory for abortion rights,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2023 09:07 #2 by FredHayek
It looks like the Democrats have been doing much better since Roe V. Wade was repealed. Helps with party organizing and donors.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Nov 2023 10:08 #3 by Rick
Yes, making it possible to kill babies at any point in a pregnancy is a great way to attract Democrats to the polls. Another step in the complete collapse of our collective morality.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Nov 2023 14:01 #4 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Yes, making it possible to kill babies at any point in a pregnancy is a great way to attract Democrats to the polls. Another step in the complete collapse of our collective morality.

Let me repeat....U DO NOT CARRY THE UNBORN CHILD IN YOUR STOMACH....u do not have the privilege
of dictating a decision,the doctor and the patient r the ONLY participants in this scenario. I have attempted to be generous in my detailed explanations of why a decision is made,much to the despair of the woman ,but histrionics and hype r the rule of the day.

08 Nov 2023 14:27 #5 by koobookie
What Republicans don't understand is that they’re losing big chunks of women voters because they've forgotten that at some point all of this becomes a fundamental question of individual liberty.

This is the ramification of the 2022 Supreme Court Dobbs decision, and it's going to keep happening for the foreseeable future. Women are pissed and Republicans will continue to lose elections.

08 Nov 2023 15:15 #6 by ramage
K,
Simple question: When does live begin?

I think that you are not in favor of infanticide after the baby is born, so you have a 9 month period to choose from. Or perhaps you are of the school of the previous governor of VA, Northam, who felt that it was appropriate to let a viable infant die after delivery?

08 Nov 2023 15:30 #7 by koobookie
A woman's right to determine her own choices about her body outweigh any argument you may have about "when does life begin." You don't know and neither do I.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9532882/

It must be pointed out that the concept of “life begins at conception” is neither scientific nor a part of any (ancient) traditional religious teaching. The writers of the bible (as well as other religious texts) knew nothing about eggs, sperm, or fertilization. It was only after medical science revealed the basic steps in embryonic development in the mid-20th century that some religious groups seized on the idea that human life must therefore “begin” at fertilization. The idea was made up by religious leaders, who intentionally chose to interpret the events of early development to suit their preconceived ideas and who then started preaching this dictum as fact. As scientists that work in this field, we are in the best position to point out that the concept of life beginning at fertilization is not evidence-based. The American Society for Reproductive Medicine has been very good about putting out talking points on the Dobbs decision (4); however, I would argue that we need to focus specifically on this observation: life does not begin at fertilization (5). The egg is alive; the sperm is alive; and after fertilization, the zygote is alive.

08 Nov 2023 16:14 #8 by koobookie
The bottom line is that your opinion on "when does life begin" is irrelevant. The majority of our population, as evidenced by red state Ohio enshrining abortion rights in their constitution, will protect a woman's right to choose.

Get used to it.

08 Nov 2023 16:33 #9 by ramage
Wonderful deflection. Put the onus on others.
Do you not have the conviction in your opinions to state when life begins.

08 Nov 2023 16:42 #10 by koobookie
A sperm is alive, so masturbation is murder?

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds