Governor Polis Calls Special Colorado Legislative Session

09 Nov 2023 13:03 #1 by FredHayek
:wishbone:
Colorado home prices have been increasing lately, this has increased real estate tax hikes. How will the deep blue Colorado Legislature solve this tax issue? And what other sneaky stuff will the Democrats get done in this special session?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2023 08:44 #2 by Freezeman
I just don't understand.. Property values are higher than ever so more taxes than ever is being collected.
What is the tax issue? Do they just want more to spend if so the business of Governing is broken.

10 Nov 2023 09:06 #3 by Rick
Sneaky is the key word, Fred... I'm sure they will find a way to squeeze more out of us.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Nov 2023 14:18 #4 by FredHayek

Freezeman wrote: I just don't understand.. Property values are higher than ever so more taxes than ever is being collected.
What is the tax issue? Do they just want more to spend if so the business of Governing is broken.

Currently we have a messed up residential system. Older people are holding onto their huge homes which are expensive to maintain and can even be dangerous for senior citizens to maintain themselves because their payments are much less than a one bedroom apartment or condominium. Higher property taxes might inspire these empty nesters to downsize. Instead, seniors can choose to get out of paying property taxes if they fulfill a few conditions. And currently higher interest rates also discourage people from downsizing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds