Taylor Swift: Time's Person Of The Year

06 Dec 2023 07:50 #1 by FredHayek

Call me cynical, but I think this decision is just an attempt to get millions of Taylor Swift fans to buy Time magazine. Pump up sales.
Do you like the call? Personally I think Xi, Biden, Yelensky, or Putin make much more sense.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2023 08:36 #2 by Rick
It's definitely a great marketing strategy, but it also makes sense. What percentage of our population has a basic understanding of what is happening around the world right now? Maybe 30%? On the other hand, how many people know who Swift is and how many people can draw a bigger crowd than her? Oh yeah, Trump could, but there's no way the media will ever make that mistake again.

Taylor Swift makes sense for the cover because it sums up where this country is right now... lost.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Dec 2023 22:24 #3 by FredHayek

Attachments:

08 Dec 2023 08:56 #4 by Rick
She's way too old for Joe.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Dec 2023 21:51 #5 by FredHayek

Attachments:

09 Dec 2023 06:45 #6 by homeagain
LOST.... agreed. But the reason for the ridiculous selection is denial. ...."if I don't acknowledge it,then it does not exist."JMO

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds