Why Taxes Hurt The Economy.

22 Jan 2024 10:33 #1 by FredHayek

And government is like hundreds of ticks slowly draining your body.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2024 15:36 #2 by koobookie
In your story, does the government provide any services, like fire protection, roads, libraries, oversight regulations, etc.?

22 Jan 2024 19:26 #3 by FredHayek
Limit taxes to 10%?
This year the Denver Post predicted property taxes will increase by 25% in one year. This is obscene.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jan 2024 22:25 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Why Taxes Hurt The Economy.
The result of repealing the Gallagher Amendment.
Colorado residents get what they voted for.

23 Jan 2024 08:59 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Why Taxes Hurt The Economy.

koobookie wrote: In your story, does the government provide any services, like fire protection, roads, libraries, oversight regulations, etc.?

Well, this story is just analogy so there is no mention of government and the taxes it collects form the collective population. But if you want to talk about what we get for our tax dollars, I would agree that public services are indeed a necessary expense. But if you actually look at what the majority of the budget is spent on, it may change your mind about blindly allowing the government to spend whatever it wants for whatever it wants. At least for me, I'd rather our government stopped funding projects and studies and wars and everything else the citizens of this country don't need.

The country is being destroyed by debt that only a small percentage of people in Washington want to talk about. Unless you're in your 90's and are on your way out, you're going to feel the pain of our government's failure.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds