Judges are Not Gods

25 Jan 2024 10:47 #1 by Rick
Judges are Not Gods was created by Rick
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've smoked my share of weed in the past and NEVER felt like stabbing or hurting someone in any way. This judge overturned the jury's ruling and let this murderer go.

Just a reminder that judges are just like you and me and are no better or wiser. The poor father doesn't get to see justice because of one judge that obviously does not believe if our judicial system.

California audiologist who stabbed boyfriend 108 times in ‘cannabis-induced psychosis’ gets a slap on the wrist

Experts for the prosecution and defense both found that the marijuana bong hit given to Spejcher threw the woman into the deadly psychotic episode.

“From that point forward, she had no control over her actions,” Worley said, according to the outlet.

Oh, an expert made a diagnosis and wasn't present during the murder... shocker.

Under California law, a person is seen as responsible for their actions when impaired by drugs or alcohol unless their intoxication is involuntary.

Jurors took less than four hours to find Spejcher guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Chad O’Melia’s father, Sean, accused Worley of being biased and claimed following his ruling that the judge set a dangerous precedent.

“He just gave everyone in the state of California who smokes marijuana a license to kill someone,” the grieving father said.

Only in California, but probably coming to our state eventually.

nypost.com/2024/01/24/news/bryn-spejcher...n-community-service/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2024 11:31 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Judges are Not Gods
I agree, in theory, BUT the real problem is...U (collectively) do NOT know what the weed was "cut with"....meaning WHAT ELSE WAS IN THE PRODUCT???? They r cutting all kinds of crazy bad stuff into a smoke and unless u KNOW your source,u r at real risk. JMO

25 Jan 2024 15:47 #3 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Judges are Not Gods
".U (collectively) do NOT know what the weed was "cut with"....meaning WHAT ELSE WAS IN THE PRODUCT???? They r cutting all kinds of crazy bad stuff into a smoke "

So, if the marijuana has other products in it and if smoked justifies stabbing someone 109 Times. What is "crazy bad stuff"? Please elucidate.

25 Jan 2024 16:05 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Judges are Not Gods
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacing_(drugs)

Pay close attention to the chart for Cannabis......PCP, embalming fluid, ETC.
i AM NOT A CHEMIST,BUT pretty sure some of this shit will wack u out. NOT advocating that this was a correct call, BUT INFORMING U of what may have caused the brutal, vicious ugly act.

25 Jan 2024 17:24 #5 by ramage
Marijuana has been cut with various agents at least since the 1960's and more than likely before that. i only have personal knowledge of the 60's - present.
However I dismiss any defense of this woman based on what she had ingested. She took drugs without coercion.

25 Jan 2024 19:13 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Judges are Not Gods
Judges also screwed up the Dred Scott decision.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Jan 2024 20:08 #7 by ramage
This thread "Judges are Not Gods" is entirely correct in its premise. The thread started with a comment on the stabbing of a paramour by someone on drugs. Rick made this statement "Just a reminder that judges are just like you and me and are no better or wiser." He is correct in my opinion, judges make a ruling and it can be overturned. ( See Fred's comment on the Dred Scott decision).
Regardless of what judges rule it does not absolve an individual of personal responsibility of what they do. Don't hide behind legalisms. For example, have your abortion.yes it is legal, but understand you are killing a human being because of inconvenience to you.

26 Jan 2024 13:53 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Judges are Not Gods
I made this post. Because it reminds me of how much power individual judges have, that they really should not have. We have a judicial system that puts the ultimate decision in the hands of the defendant’s peers. The judge in this case rejected the jury’s verdict. If there are exceptions that gives a judge the power to defy the jury’s decision, why even have a jury?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds