Trump, the only one who gets it done

14 Feb 2024 21:48 #1 by Rick
Now, this story is hilarious to me. Trump makes a speech and tells NATO he won’t protect them if they don’t pay their “FAIR SHARE” of 2% of their GDP, and days later Germany pledges to meeting that number.

So, the guy being targeted by the naked emperor makes a strong and justified statement, and one of the strongest NATO allies pledges to satisfy the Don. Maybe they want to make up for laughing at him when he warned them about relying on Putin to supply their energy.

Anyway, we know Joe wouldn’t be able to do that, even if he wanted to and was able to pronounce those words coherently.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2024 07:09 #2 by homeagain
one of the strongest NATO allies pledges to satisfy the Don.. pledges and doing r to different animals, TRUMP has pledged promises....only to have them "forgotten".... NOW, if within a week or so the monies show up and the "pledge" fulfilled... I will retract my statement. (U can not be that naive to assume words r the standard....ACTION IS THE STANDARD:

15 Feb 2024 08:30 #3 by FredHayek
As the wealthiest nation in Europe, Germany did probably feel embarrassed that they were not fulfilling their NATO obligations.
The current recession in Europe and Japan might make this tougher to accomplish.
I have to agree with HA here. I will believe Germany when I actually see tanks rolling off the factory assembly lines.
Europe has a sad tradition of making pledges to help out but never fulfilled.
They failed their climate pledges, aid to disaster striken nations and haven't kept up their NATO pledges for decades.

So sometimes they do need an a-hole like Trump to loudly attack them for failing to follow through. Instead of Blinken whining at them behind closed doors.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Feb 2024 11:02 - 15 Feb 2024 11:02 #4 by Rick

homeagain wrote: one of the strongest NATO allies pledges to satisfy the Don.. pledges and doing r to different animals, TRUMP has pledged promises....only to have them "forgotten".... NOW, if within a week or so the monies show up and the "pledge" fulfilled... I will retract my statement. (U can not be that naive to assume words r the standard....ACTION IS THE STANDARD:

Not all leaders lie as much as Biden does. If Trump becomes president, that bill WILL be paid. If it's Joe's replacement, the USA will continue to pay far above our fair share with borrowed money.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Feb 2024 11:16 #5 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Not all leaders lie as much as Biden does. If Trump becomes president, that bill WILL be paid. If it's Joe's replacement, the USA will continue to pay far above our fair share with borrowed money.

It's hilarious that you talk about Biden llying, but compared to Donald.........

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/...573-over-four-years/

When The Washington Post Fact Checker team first started cataloguing President Donald Trump’s false or misleading claims, we recorded 492 suspect claims in the first 100 days of his presidency. On Nov. 2 alone, the day before the 2020 vote, Trump made 503 false or misleading claims as he barnstormed across the country in a desperate effort to win reelection.

This astonishing jump in falsehoods is the story of Trump’s tumultuous reign. By the end of his term, Trump had accumulated 30,573 untruths during his presidency — averaging about 21 erroneous claims a day.

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/america...idency-b1790285.html

Donald Trump made more than 30,000 false or misleading statements during his four years as president of the United States, analysis suggests.

The astounding figure, which roughly equates to 21 false statements per day (or 20.94 to be precise) of his tenure at the White House, comes after a tumultuous post election period in which he spent weeks falsely alleging that the 2020 election was “stolen”, in remarks that spurred on his supporters to storm the US Capitol on 6 January.

And you want this compulsive liar (Trump) to be in office again? Why? You can't trust anything that comes out of Trump's mouth, and other countries know it.

15 Feb 2024 11:35 #6 by ramage
Slo Joe topped all his previous whoppers last Thursday night when he went before the American people to defend his mental acuity. He said that it was, paraphrasing, it was damnably low for the special prosecutor to bring up the death of his son, chastising him for his craven behavior.
The fact is the Slo Joe brought this topic up not the S.P.

15 Feb 2024 13:24 #7 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Slo Joe topped all his previous whoppers last Thursday night when he went before the American people to defend his mental acuity. He said that it was, paraphrasing, it was damnably low for the special prosecutor to bring up the death of his son, chastising him for his craven behavior.
The fact is the Slo Joe brought this topic up not the S.P.

[/b]

AND NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY......

the timeframe was the subject brought up by the S. P.....in regards to the papers found at his home/garage.
the questions were framed in such a manner that date comparisons were parallel,THEN the S. P. jumped on the issue of what papers were found (some personal regarding the death) and THAT is when the issue of WHEN the death occurred came into play. THEN the shit hit the fan.....(what did u expect?) EMPATHY???

15 Feb 2024 13:38 #8 by ramage

15 Feb 2024 13:45 - 15 Feb 2024 13:46 #9 by ramage
Put as much lipstick as you like on the pig. He doesn't look any better.
I see that the best you can do is attempt to find fault with the framing of the question. Evidently in your opinion Slo Joe is too mentally incapacitated to understand a question in straightforward English. The syntax and grammar of which 99% of the posters on MYM use and understand.
I miss that Blazer Bob is not here to translate so I'll have to ask you to explain, what does this collection of words and letters mean: ". THEN the shit hit the fan.....(what did u expect?) EMPATHY???"

15 Feb 2024 15:47 #10 by homeagain
He was drug thru the dirt for disparities .....death of a child is like plunging a knife thru your heart....
EMPATHY is an obsolete trait....TRANSLATION for u (sorry your capacity of comprehension is on the low side)

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds