HAMMER TIME... "can't touch that"

17 Feb 2024 06:39 - 17 Feb 2024 08:58 #1 by homeagain
www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york...-will-he-have-to-pay

Can he get any of these judgments reduced?

It’s not uncommon for the size of judgments, particularly high-dollar amounts, to be reduced on appeals.

The appeal in Trump's civil fraud case will go before an intermediate-level court first. If it returns an unfavorable ruling, Trump could try to get the case taken up by New York's top appellate court, though legal experts say that is unlikely.

How quickly does Trump have to pay?

Trump has already deposited $5 million owed to Carroll for the first defamation case into a court-controlled account, along with an additional $500,000 in interest required by New York law. Carroll will not have access to the funds until the appeals process plays out.

He may soon be forced to do the same for the $83.3 million judgment in the second Carroll verdict. Alternatively, he could secure a bond and pay only a portion up front — though that option would come with interest and fees and likely require some form of collateral. Trump would have to find a financial institution willing to front him the money.

In the civil fraud case, it will be up to the courts to decide how much Trump must put up as he mounts his appeal. And he may be required to pay the full sum immediately after the appellate court rules, which could come as soon as this summer, according to University of Michigan law professor Will Thomas.

AND THIS IS JUST THE START.....wait till Q2, remember when I stated "when the ego thinks it omnipotent,the sledge hammer pounds u senseless"?

BANKRUPTCY??? He will/can do a business case, however he has BRAGGED he has never claimed PERSONAL bankruptcy ....the "king" is losing his money crown and is mouth is making it worse. He claims 10 billion is his worth, it appears that number is overly stated...2 or 3 is closer to reality, I will even give him maybe half that amount for the sale of his site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2024 09:27 #2 by FredHayek
Unique strategy from Democrats, bankrupt your main political opponents.

We are becoming a banana republic. I honestly believe there will not be another Republican president in my lifetime.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Feb 2024 09:44 #3 by FredHayek

But Democrats keep this a-hole on their payroll.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

21 Feb 2024 07:14 #4 by homeagain
CREDIBLE source please......

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds