John Oliver Bribing A Supreme Court Justice?

24 Feb 2024 15:21 #11 by Rick

GeorgeM wrote: No, Fred, no one is terrified that the Supremes (the Christian Dominionist majority, that is) will allow Trump to appear on the ballot. I guarantee they will allow it. What else could we expect of them?

I'm guessing you didn't listen to what the liberals justices had to say. I'm also guessing you believe Trump should not be on the ballot because you think he's guilty of starting an uncoordinated "insurrection". Everybody in this country is assumed innocent until PROVEN guilty. Maybe you're not aware of that fact either.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2024 06:40 #12 by GeorgeM
Rick, guessing is like assuming; a pretentious activity that rarely rings true. It is, of course, axiomatic that regardless of what your so-called "liberal" Supreme Court Justices may think or say, the decision on behalf of Trump (who, by the way, is believed by his most fervid base of Christian Dominionists to have been and currently is ordained by God himself to be president) is a foregone conclusion, an inevitability only the most ill-informed of us would doubt. And, of course, the Supremes are not in the business of determining guilt or innocence; they're not a trial court. They'll interpret Section 3 of the 14th Amendment according to their inherent biases.

Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. -- George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans)

25 Feb 2024 20:36 #13 by FredHayek
Besides the DNC and Team Biden think it will be easier to defeat President Trump in November. Especially after numerous legal judgements against the Trump family are raiding the campaign funds of the RNC.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Feb 2024 20:57 #14 by FredHayek

Another reason the Democrats want Trump to win the Republican nomination.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

27 Feb 2024 06:53 #15 by Rick

GeorgeM wrote: Rick, guessing is like assuming; a pretentious activity that rarely rings true. It is, of course, axiomatic that regardless of what your so-called "liberal" Supreme Court Justices may think or say, the decision on behalf of Trump (who, by the way, is believed by his most fervid base of Christian Dominionists to have been and currently is ordained by God himself to be president) is a foregone conclusion, an inevitability only the most ill-informed of us would doubt. And, of course, the Supremes are not in the business of determining guilt or innocence; they're not a trial court. They'll interpret Section 3 of the 14th Amendment according to their inherent biases.

It's funny that you say my guessing is a "pretentious activity that rarely rings true". Yet, you seem to know without a doubt what many Christians believe (see bolded). Where did you get that knowledge, other than guessing or assuming?

You made a statement about the court being a "Christian Dominionist majority" . First of all, you are making an assumption about people you don't know, therefore you are guessing (unless you can show me proof). Giving individuals labels to backup your argument is at best just your opinion and rarely results in an accurate description of an individual's actual beliefs.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds