Are January 6th Protesters Political Prisoners?

20 Feb 2024 09:20 #1 by FredHayek
Does the United States have political prisoners? What percentage are conservative?

What were the charges for the majority of the defendants supporting President Trump? Trespassing?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2024 10:55 #2 by FredHayek

Attachments:

22 Feb 2024 09:14 #3 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Does the United States have political prisoners? What percentage are conservative?

Really? No, the U.S. does not have political prisoners. If you think otherwise, please provide evidence of how you came to that conclusion.

FredHayek wrote: What were the charges for the majority of the defendants supporting President Trump? Trespassing?

The information is out there, Fred, should you want to search for it.

apnews.com/article/capitol-riot-jan-6-cr...51b1356f937e55bedaa5

More than 1,230 people have been charged with federal crimes in the riot, ranging from misdemeanor offenses like trespassing to felonies like assaulting police officers and seditious conspiracy. Roughly 730 people have pleaded guilty to charges, while another roughly 170 have been convicted of at least one charge at a trial decided by a judge or a jury, according to an Associated Press database.

Click on the AP article link and it will take you to more information about the J6 perpetrators.

22 Feb 2024 09:27 #4 by Rick
Of the 1000's of people arrested on that day, what was the most common charge? What percentage of the people were violent? How many people actually tried to take over the government via "insurrection".

This data should be public but I've yet to find it. Could you help me out koobookie?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Feb 2024 09:30 #5 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Of the 1000's of people arrested on that day, what was the most common charge? What percentage of the people were violent? How many people actually tried to take over the government via "insurrection".

This data should be public but I've yet to find it. Could you help me out koobookie?

This is a start:
apnews.com/article/capitol-riot-jan-6-cr...51b1356f937e55bedaa5

22 Feb 2024 10:00 #6 by FredHayek
K thinks the US does not have political prisoners. I am sure some of your leftist allies would disagree with you.

22 Feb 2024 10:12 #7 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: K thinks the US does not have political prisoners. I am sure some of your leftist allies would disagree with you.

Who do you think is a political prisoner in the U.S., Fred? Upon what do you base your conclusion?

24 Feb 2024 08:42 #8 by FredHayek
If the January 6th people tried to overturn an election and were arrested for it, doesn't that make them political prisoners?

Or if they were trying to overthrow the federal government but are charged with non-political crimes like trespass, is the federal government shirking the responsibility of putting away coup participants?

24 Feb 2024 09:42 #9 by Rick
If Trump had won in 2020 and BLM, Antifa, and other leftists stormed the capital the same way, not one of those people would be in prison and a black Ashley Babbit would be another George Floyd type of martyr. It's 100% political when the punishment doesn't fit the crime or the trespass charge.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds