Who still thinks Biden is running?

21 Feb 2024 09:12 #1 by Rick
I say there's no way, simply based on my experience with people who have suffered from dementia. He's falling fast.

Who isn't afraid to make a prediction?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2024 09:23 #2 by FredHayek
I think he will continue to run. They have been covering up his frailties for years and the press supports them.

The Obama/Biden team have a good thing going, they do not want to give it up. If he gets really bad after being re-elected, they put in Kamala.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Feb 2024 11:19 #3 by Rick
Do you think there's a chance greater than 1% that Joe would debate Trump?

If you put 2020 Biden next to 2024 Biden, you can see the decline. Trump hasn't changed at all since 2016.

I agree with you about Obama running the show, along with Susan Rice and others, but Joe still has to walk around and talk. He almost fell again on the smaller stairs to AF1. There will now be someone on the stairs at all times to help him. I don't think there are enough drugs to keep him upright for 8 more months.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Feb 2024 14:35 #4 by FredHayek
They pump him up with drugs for the SOTU and other public speaking, and then let him go back on vacation to recover.

21 Feb 2024 14:41 #5 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: They pump him up with drugs for the SOTU and other public speaking, and then let him go back on vacation to recover.

Oh, let me see now, WHERE IS THAT LITTLE TIDBIT OF INFO BEING SOURCED FROM????

21 Feb 2024 15:44 #6 by FredHayek

Yet Biden is up over Trump in the latest national poll.

Could we lock both of them up in a fake White House and tell them they are President? Start over with these too very senior citizens out of the way?

HA, of course the White House isn't going to admit they dose up the President for important functions, but there is precedent for this. Woodrow Wilson had a stroke and his wife refused to tell the press or even the VP. She was running the nation while he was mentally out of it. Some believe she was the first unofficial woman President.

Attachments:

21 Feb 2024 16:07 #7 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: They pump him up with drugs for the SOTU and other public speaking, and then let him go back on vacation to recover.

Oh, let me see now, WHERE IS THAT LITTLE TIDBIT OF INFO BEING SOURCED FROM????

What do you think, HA... is Biden going to be the candidate come election time? If he wasn't losing his mind, that would be an easy one to answer. If you have been around people in his condition, you know damn well he's getting lots of drugs to keep him somewhat conscious.

George Orwell

21 Feb 2024 16:42 #8 by ramage
I have seen nothing to change my mind that Biden will continue to run. He will step aside at the convention for Kamala if he has an agreement that Hunter will be pardoned for any and all his infractions.
One new point has come along to reinforce my opinion. That is the decision by Hur not be file charges against him because he is incapable to remembering his actions. Once Hunter is taken care of Slo Joe has nothing to fear for himself with the Hur opinion in his pocket. Sad but realistic.

Now a question to our resident independent, HA. With a choice between President Trump or Vice President Harris which would you vote for? I expect to hear that she and the girls will vote for Harris, or a third party candidate even if that candidate is unknown.

22 Feb 2024 07:04 #9 by Rick
You'll likely right about Biden and the needed pardon, I always forget about that angle. That would explain why Biden would refuse to drop out... one last use of leverage for old Joe.

As for homeagain, I'd like to know who she would vote for if Trump was somehow removed and it was a choice between Haley and Harris, or Haley and Biden? Who would you vote for HA?

George Orwell

22 Feb 2024 07:52 #10 by homeagain
FRED.....LET'S GO DOWN MEMORY LANE (pun intended) Nancy Reagan ran the White House,her presence was paramount during those last years of Reagan's reign......I think it is the same with Jill/Joe.JMO

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds