Who still thinks Biden is running?

22 Feb 2024 09:03 #11 by Rick
Homeagain... Biden vs Haley... who are you voting for in that scenario?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2024 10:10 #12 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Homeagain... Biden vs Haley... who are you voting for in that scenario?

Since the vote is 8 MONTHS AWAY......I would review the position Halley has taken on several of her platforms,IF they have been revised (because she LISTENED TO THE PEOPLE)...I would then consider her
as a possible selection.....OR I could vote third party. IT IS A VERY LONG ROAD TILL ELECTION DAY.

23 Feb 2024 08:17 #13 by Rick
If the election was today. Haley aligns with all of Trump's policies and Biden aligns with all the left's policies. There is no grey area, it's black and white.

I'm just trying to figure out why you would consider voting for someone who's policies mirror Trump's? If Haley was to suddenly flip her positions to attract Democrats and people who call them selves 'independent', she would then be a lying phony.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Feb 2024 10:28 #14 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: FRED.....LET'S GO DOWN MEMORY LANE (pun intended) Nancy Reagan ran the White House,her presence was paramount during those last years of Reagan's reign......I think it is the same with Jill/Joe.JMO

You really think so? A former Hollywood starlet who dabbled in Astrology running the nation? I doubt it. The White House staff probably sought her advice for White House functions but Reagan had recruited a top notch team that could easily handle foreign and domestic issues.

And like Reagan, we must consider this about Biden and Trump. At those ages, mental and physical health can deteriorate rapidly! Will Biden keep Kamala? Or get someone with a better foreign relations background?

And who will Trump choose?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Feb 2024 10:52 #15 by homeagain
FRED, doing more research would be advisable.....she monitored his cabinet and schedule of activities VERY closely....she was also the one that pursued him to change his message about AIDS (SINCE HE WAS
CLOSED MINDED AND MUTE ABOUT THE PLAGUE)......she was always alert and aware of how her husband was perceived and wanted to protect his image, a "lion"of a lady,but oh so subtle....her protection EXTENDED INTO his last years of POTUS.

23 Feb 2024 12:20 #16 by ramage
Plague??

23 Feb 2024 13:22 #17 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Plague??

AHEM, back in the day,THAT was the perception.....nothing was known and prominent people (and the public)
ASSUMED alot of erroneous ideas.....u r quite aware of how people treated leprosy (and banished the unfortunate person that acquired it).

STONEWALL was the scene that changed that...it forced those in power to face facts and DO SOMETHING,it forced a dialogue that was long overdue.

23 Feb 2024 14:39 #18 by ramage
A perception of those who were not involved in the hands on care of patients with HIV. Anthony Fauci's first attempt at panicking the population.

23 Feb 2024 21:37 #19 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: A perception of those who were not involved in the hands on care of patients with HIV. Anthony Fauci's first attempt at panicking the population.

Yes, Dr. Fauci was on the wrong side of history here.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds