Media Losing Influence?

03 Mar 2024 13:19 #1 by FredHayek
Do you watch less traditional media compared to four years ago?

We are way down compared to Covid-19 year.

Looks like everyone is losing audience And some media organizations like Vice are going bankrupt.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2024 19:37 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Media Losing Influence?
I do not watch any MSM on TV. I get all my information from the internet, where I can search innumerable sites.
My TV watching has been reduced to live sports and the occasional local weather forecast. Sometimes I ask myself why we still subscribe to DirecTV . Other than the above I have no other reason.

03 Mar 2024 20:00 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Media Losing Influence?
Usually presidential election years raise ratings for media, not anymore? Especially with Trump & Biden being a rerun.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Mar 2024 08:28 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Media Losing Influence?

ramage wrote: I do not watch any MSM on TV. I get all my information from the internet, where I can search innumerable sites.
My TV watching has been reduced to live sports and the occasional local weather forecast. Sometimes I ask myself why we still subscribe to DirecTV . Other than the above I have no other reason.

If you don't watch any TV, you only get edited versions of what people say. Imagine only getting a "journalist's" description of a Trump interview or a Biden interview. Yes, you can get an exact transcript, but you don't get to view and listen to the person. Biden on paper and Biden in person are two wildly different things. That's why most liberals don't seem to know that Biden's brain is melting because they are not exposed to the Biden that can't be described in words, you have to see him with your own eyes and listen to him with your own ears... not through the eyes and ears of phony "journalists".

I get a lot of information from the internet too, but I'm more interested in reading body language and tone, which is the best way to spot liars and political hacks.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Mar 2024 08:43 #5 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Media Losing Influence?
Perhaps poorly worded on my part. Internet searches also include videos, interviews and discussion panels as well as the written word.
None of the networks can give you the ability to see Biden's body language as well sites on the internet can.
Had an interesting experience in 1996. I was hunting in WY in October and the Presidential debate was on the radio (obviously no TV in the national forest). Dole v. Clinton. Dole was superior in his arguments; friends who had watched the debate on TV, can away with the opposite opinion. Much like Nixon/Kennedy 1960.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds