Education Employment Trends

15 Mar 2024 12:36 #1 by FredHayek

As the number of students decline, the number of school employees rise. You think this would help students, more teachers per pupil, but most of the increase in employees are adding more counselors and other staff.

Math and reading aptitude continues to decline, and colleges are adding remedial courses to get their freshmen classes educated. Yes, college students are paying college tuition to learn what their high schools failed to teach them.

No wonder the average college student is now taking five years to graduate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2024 06:48 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Education Employment Trends
The left’s answer is always “MORE MONEY!!”. This country’s public education system is a prime example of how the left has failed us. No other country in the world spends as much as we do on public education, yet the results do not reflect that fact at all. School choice should have been implemented decades ago in every state.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Mar 2024 11:27 #3 by Blazer Bob
Remedial college courses were common 33 years ago when I was trying to find QUALIFIED people to enlist in the Navy.

19 Mar 2024 09:29 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Education Employment Trends
I don’t think the bar is very high these days to get into the Navy or any other branch. DEI will destroy the military just like it is destroying businesses.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds