A QUOTE FROM KETANJI JACKSON BROWN

18 Mar 2024 17:52 #1 by ramage
No it is not the famous "I am not a biologist" when asked what a is a woman.
Rather it is this breathtaking view of the Bill of Rights.
"“So can you help me because I'm really worried about that, because you've got the First Amendment operating in an environment of threatening circumstances from the government's perspective."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2024 18:33 #2 by FredHayek
Too many think government is more important than Free Speech. The Bill of Rights was always meant to keep government in check.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Mar 2024 09:10 #3 by Rick
What side would a communist be on?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Mar 2024 16:38 #4 by ramage
Having taken some time to digest what she said and reading comments from Constitutional lawyers I have found her question to the attorney berift of any intelligent interpretation of the First Amendment.
The Bill of Rights was expressly written to insure that the government did not intrude on the individual. Simply put, this rights are assigned to the citizen and not the government. To have a sitting justice of the USSC showing concern that the First Amendment puts constraints on the powers of the federal government is frightening. That is exactly what it is intended to do.
Perhaps in addition to night school courses in biology she should take a course in constitutional law.

19 Mar 2024 19:50 #5 by Rick
Her mind has been poisoned by her educators. She’s not qualified for the job if she has no grasp of the contents and the importance of our Constitution. I’m sure that she and much of the left would like to write their own constitution that gives the power to government and takes it from the people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Mar 2024 20:25 #6 by FredHayek
It is almost like Biden nominated someone off the street instead of a constitutional scholar.

20 Mar 2024 07:57 #7 by Rick
Diversity hires really don't need to meet the same standards... their color and gender are much more important than knowledge and experience.

George Orwell

20 Mar 2024 09:28 #8 by FredHayek
Sidebar: Washington state is no longer requiring attorneys to pass the bar exam. They instituted this policy because too many minorities were failing the test.

Do you really want to hire an attorney who couldn't pass the bar in your state? JFK Jr never passed the bar. Personally I think it is a good idea to have goalposts.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds