PERHAPS A VERY INTERESTING MONDAY TOMORROW

26 Mar 2024 07:36 #11 by koobookie
Let me see if I understand you correctly: a very stable genius supposed billionaire was found guilty of fraud and fined almost half a billion dollars. He had a little over a month to come up with a bond, or cash, to secure his right to an appeal. He could not find someone willing to risk their own money to give him a bond, perhaps because most of his properties were already leveraged. So a different option was to liquidate some of his assets, i.e., bonds, properties, etc. He didn't or could not do that. Have I got that about right? This financial genius billionaire couldn't come up with half a billion in a month? He couldn't get anyone to trust him enough to give him a bond? Is that about right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2024 08:33 #12 by ramage
Why on earth would President Trump raise $500 million when he did not have to? The Appeals Court has ruled that the bond was excessive and reduced it accordingly. He will post the bond.

26 Mar 2024 09:26 #13 by FredHayek
The punishment was cruel and excessive. Violates the Bill of Rights.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Mar 2024 09:41 #14 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Why on earth would President Trump raise $500 million when he did not have to? The Appeals Court has ruled that the bond was excessive and reduced it accordingly. He will post the bond.

But he didn't know the bond would be reduced, that's why he would need to raise the $454,000,000.

If I understand correctly, he still is on the hook for the $454,000,000 fine, but the bond required to appeal was reduced to $175,000,000. We'll see if he can actually raise the $175,000,000 bond. I have my doubts the stable genius can even do that.

26 Mar 2024 12:47 - 26 Mar 2024 12:50 #15 by driver8

koobookie wrote:

ramage wrote: Why on earth would President Trump raise $500 million when he did not have to? The Appeals Court has ruled that the bond was excessive and reduced it accordingly. He will post the bond.

But he didn't know the bond would be reduced, that's why he would need to raise the $454,000,000.

If I understand correctly, he still is on the hook for the $454,000,000 fine, but the bond required to appeal was reduced to $175,000,000. We'll see if he can actually raise the $175,000,000 bond. I have my doubts the stable genius can even do that.

Well, at least he can raise money by fleasing all of his suedo-christian cult follower bty selling them a trump endorsed 'God Bless the USA' bible! Get yours now and maybe he can sign it for yas! https://www.threads.net/search/?q=trump%20bible&serp_type=default Perfect all your evangelical friends!

26 Mar 2024 13:09 - 26 Mar 2024 13:09 #16 by FredHayek
If you have 100K, Annie Lebowitz will take a picture of you with President Obama or President Biden. Both parties do crap like this. Remember when President Bill Clinton was renting out the Lincoln Bedroom to his biggest donors?

Bill and Hillary were doing Air B&B before everyone else! And renting out rooms they didn't own.

26 Mar 2024 13:46 #17 by driver8

FredHayek wrote: If you have 100K, Annie Lebowitz will take a picture of you with President Obama or President Biden. Both parties do crap like this. Remember when President Bill Clinton was renting out the Lincoln Bedroom to his biggest donors?

Bill and Hillary were doing Air B&B before everyone else! And renting out rooms they didn't own.

You have the most crappy whataboutism's Fred... hilarious! I just love how the people who are 'christians' have absolutely no problem with a serial rapist hawking bibles to support his legal expenses. I guess you guys really do have not bottom to your support of your seditionist candidate.

26 Mar 2024 14:33 #18 by FredHayek

driver8 wrote:

FredHayek wrote: If you have 100K, Annie Lebowitz will take a picture of you with President Obama or President Biden. Both parties do crap like this. Remember when President Bill Clinton was renting out the Lincoln Bedroom to his biggest donors?

You have the most crappy whataboutism's Fred... hilarious! I just love how the people who are 'christians' have absolutely no problem with a serial rapist hawking bibles to support his legal expenses. I guess you guys really do have not bottom to your support of your seditionist candidate.

Let's see. President Biden claims to be a good Catholic yet he supports abortion up until birth. That should cause many Christians to not support his candidacy either.

You may just see it as eliminating an unplanned pregnancy, but many Christians see abortion rights as murder. Many more babies are murdered by abortion doctors than firearm deaths.

26 Mar 2024 21:28 #19 by ramage
Driver8,
Are you confident that you have covered all the ad hominems available for you for your post. Unfortunately you have no other arguments.
Great position to have on the playground but we are in the classroom and you have to shown no modicum of intelligence.
if your intention is to hide whatever little you have, you hav succeeded.

28 Mar 2024 10:20 #20 by FredHayek

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds