The "Great Society" vs. Our Open Border

16 Apr 2024 17:47 #1 by Rick
Back in 1964, LBJ implemented the "Great Society", which was supposed to lift black people out of poverty and crime. It really was a brilliant strategy that helped to capture the black vote for the next 50 years. So, how did that war on poverty and the discounting of black fathers work out after all these years? It really didn't work out at all. Sure, some benefited and were lifted out of poverty, but black Americans as a whole were hurt by it... they became more dependent on the party that claimed to be helping them.

I have some hope that black Americans are being forced to wake up as a new group of dependent people are being shoved into our communities (sorry, they're not picking lettuce). The Democrats are taking up resources in black and other poor communities and giving them to people they've invited into our country without going through the proper immigration process and without being fully vetted...we have no idea who is here and why.

So what do all these illegal immigrants have to do with the Great Society? The Dems are just going back to LBJ's playbook. They can't gain popularity with their policies, because their policies always help one group while hurting another group... they can't figure out how to "lift all boats". All they have left is to buy votes with my tax dollars , (paying off student loans) and importing people who mostly won't be able to make it without more of my tax dollars. If Democrats win in November, one of their first objectives will be to either give these people citizenship, or they will just find a way to allow illegals to vote in our federal elections. Many are already voting in local elections (Democrat hell holes), so I'm assuming that will grow and become normalized. I don't know if these people will stay on the Dem plantation as long as the black population, but in the near future, they know who will butter their bread.

Thoughts?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2024 18:49 #2 by FredHayek
Controlling the purse strings of government has become so lucrative that Democrats are willing to commit felonies to stay in power. And most Republicans are happy with the leftover crumbs.
One day the bill will come do and our future generations will curse us for all this "crisis" spending.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds