Presidential Immunity

01 May 2024 16:21 #11 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Presidential Immunity
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2024 17:45 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Presidential Immunity
Unless you are part of the system that doesn't hold anyone accountable. The FBI can lie to a FISA court in order to spy on a president and nobody is punished. A VP can send his crackhead son around the world scooping up influence money for his family and nobody bats an eye. So yeah, you can be above the law if you are a loyal Democrat.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 May 2024 18:37 #13 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Presidential Immunity
Rick is correct.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 May 2024 08:08 #14 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Unless you are part of the system that doesn't hold anyone accountable. The FBI can lie to a FISA court in order to spy on a president and nobody is punished. A VP can send his crackhead son around the world scooping up influence money for his family and nobody bats an eye. So yeah, you can be above the law if you are a loyal Democrat.

Show me the cases and charges that have been brought against people who behave in such a manner. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the Biden family, but go ahead, show me the actual evidence to back up your claims.

02 May 2024 09:09 #15 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: Unless you are part of the system that doesn't hold anyone accountable. The FBI can lie to a FISA court in order to spy on a president and nobody is punished. A VP can send his crackhead son around the world scooping up influence money for his family and nobody bats an eye. So yeah, you can be above the law if you are a loyal Democrat.

Show me the cases and charges that have been brought against people who behave in such a manner. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the Biden family, but go ahead, show me the actual evidence to back up your claims.

Why show the actual evidence? Unless it is from your handpicked source, you will refuse to believe it. And your hand picked media sources (NPR) covered up stories about Hunter Biden's laptop because it might hurt Joe's chances of getting elected in 2020.

Face it, you have put yourself into a cocoon of bubble wrap because your limited media sources will only tell the truth about Republicans. And refuses to expose Democrats who commit crimes.

02 May 2024 09:25 #16 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Why show the actual evidence? Unless it is from your handpicked source, you will refuse to believe it. And your hand picked media sources (NPR) covered up stories about Hunter Biden's laptop because it might hurt Joe's chances of getting elected in 2020.

Face it, you have put yourself into a cocoon of bubble wrap because your limited media sources will only tell the truth about Republicans. And refuses to expose Democrats who commit crimes.

I see, so you don't have any evidence. Just accusations and rumors.

02 May 2024 10:15 #17 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Why show the actual evidence? Unless it is from your handpicked source, you will refuse to believe it. And your hand picked media sources (NPR) covered up stories about Hunter Biden's laptop because it might hurt Joe's chances of getting elected in 2020.

I see, so you don't have any evidence. Just accusations and rumors.

I showed a Gallup poll of Americans in another thread and you refused to believe it.

02 May 2024 10:20 #18 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I showed a Gallup poll of Americans in another thread and you refused to believe it.

No, I said that polls were quite often wrong. Big difference, but if that's what you took away from my comment, then there's nothing I can do to change your viewpoint.

04 May 2024 08:19 #19 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Presidential Immunity
Are you not aware that the FBI knew they were lying to a FISA court in order to spy on the Trump campaign? I hope I don’t have to prove it because that would show me that your knowledge of the subject is extremely limited.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 May 2024 10:00 #20 by koobookie
thehill.com/policy/defense/4588797-forme...rong-on-fisa-claims/

ormer FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe criticized former President Trump’s claims about a section of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) on Thursday.

“My guess, Jim, is that, it’s not surprising that Donald Trump is against surveillance capacity and authority for the FBI, because he is someone who’s been investigated by the FBI,” McCabe said on “CNN Newsroom” with anchor Jim Acosta. “But nevertheless, he is absolutely wrong on this count.”

McCabe said there is “no truth or accuracy” in Trump’s post “at all.” However, McCabe also seemed to suggest that Trump could be talking about the FBI previously getting a warrant to spy on Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

“We now know there were many mistakes in that FISA, those are all regrettable, but that is not Section 702, totally different thing here,” McCabe continued.

Trump signed a six-year renewal of Section 702 back in 2018, saying in a post on the social platform X that it was “NOT the same FISA law that was so wrongly abused during the election.”

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds