Presidential Immunity

08 May 2024 07:03 #31 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Presidential Immunity
I know much more about the sources you trust than you know of the sources I’m more likely to trust. You can believe me or not, that really doesn’t matter. The fact is, I’m not going to come here anymore if the last of the liberals leaves this site. I don’t come here to agree with fellow conservatives, I come here to debate liberals.

Knowing that, why wouldn’t I be more interested in watching/reading leftist news sources? I know what your position on every story is before you say anything because I know what your sources want you to believe. It’s not that hard to understand.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2024 07:56 #32 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Presidential Immunity
Help me to understand - you are calling CNN, ABCNews, APNews,NPR, Newsweek, etc. left wing news sources?

I don't. They lean a little left, I'll admit that, but they are fairly central in their objectivity. (Please refer to the chart I posted on another thread.)

I classify brietbart, Fox news, Epochtimes, The Federalist as right wing news sources - actually, I classify them as propaganda sites.

So in your world, Fox = CNN, Breitbart = ABCNews, NPR = epochtimes, Newsweek = Federalist, or something like that? Is that about right? You consider those right wing sites as equal to main stream news sources?

08 May 2024 08:37 #33 by Rick
The fact that you think CNN "leans a little left" is really pretty funny. If that was true, there would be at least one conservative on that network... there is not. They don't even have paid contributors that are not raging Trump haters. If a source does not provide both liberal and conservative views of some sort, then they can not be considered balanced at all. I have CNN on quite often and it's easy to see why that network continues to fail. If Trump wasn't in politics, that network would go under because they would have nothing else to talk about and to whip up their low info followers. The other sources you listed all follow the exact same narratives, so there really isn't much difference in any of them, other than degrees of leftism and conspiracy theories.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 May 2024 08:43 #34 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Presidential Immunity
and that's where we depart. You'll never see those news sources as valid journalism, and I'll never agree with your assessment - it's just your "opinion," regardless of what facts I show to you

As I've said to you before, a couple times, it's too bad that we have no common ground.

08 May 2024 08:51 #35 by Rick
This is where you are correct. There is very little, if any common ground when it comes to the left and the right, which is why I'm the most interested in politics. This country is headed for some kind of national divorce if we don't get crushed economically first.

Instead of focusing on what sources you'll allow your eyes to see, how about we just start debating left and right ideology using facts and statistics? Will you read quotes and data if I copy and paste them like you do and don't require you to click on a link? I'm still trying to figure out the rules you have for debating.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds