The Monsters The Left Created... What Now?

30 Apr 2024 08:22 #1 by Rick
I'm just curious about how the left is going to deal with the anti-Semitic protesters that are taking over college campuses. These morons were not created by the right, they were indoctrinated by people who are supposedly highly educated and smart people, who tend to look down on those less "educated".

We know for a fact that these protests would last about 5 minutes if they were aimed at one of the left's many classes of 'victims'. There would be no encampments, harassing of students, and there's no way they would be allowed to take over a campus building.

I guess Biden is just planning on all of us rube taxpayers to pay off their loan debt so they will vote for him. The White House has no comment about these monsters... no shocker there.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2024 08:32 #2 by koobookie
You were a C student in high school, weren't you? Is that why you look down on those that got better grades than you, or have a higher education than you?

Why is it that you think it is the "left" that created this?

30 Apr 2024 09:10 #3 by Rick
I was actually a b+ student in HS and an A student in college. Yes, I have a BA in finance. I don’t look down on people who go to college… it was you that attempted to put those words in my mouth (unsuccessfully).

I look down on leftist teachers and professors who teach hate to the soft skulls that are willing to absorb that hate.

If the left didn’t create these despicable people, who did? I see no red hats in the crowd, but I do see plenty of masked cowards who have learned from their teachers, the media, and the Democrat party leaders.

How do you think they got this hateful ideology?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Apr 2024 09:15 #4 by koobookie
Give me evidence that the "left" made this, other than "If the left didn't create this, who did."

That's just a lame argument.

Give me evidence that the "left" teaches hate.

30 Apr 2024 09:33 #5 by koobookie
Here's some food for thought, Rick. It's an opinion piece.

www.cnn.com/2024/04/29/opinions/campus-p...gaza-suri/index.html

This Republican war on universities is the essential history behind the current conflicts on campuses. The student protests and police crackdowns are a result of the attacks on universities since Bush’s presidency. These attacks have over the years undermined university leadership and provoked students, staff and faculty. External pressure has brought excessive police presence on to campuses, as witnessed across the country last week.

In 2015, Greg Abbott, a proud University of Texas graduate, replaced Perry as governor. Hopes for improved relations rose, briefly. Accused of being insufficiently conservative by far-right members of the Republican Party, Abbott soon looked to strengthen his anti-establishment credentials, and universities were easy scapegoats. He joined a chorus of critics who accused the University of Texas of excluding and demeaning conservative voices.

30 Apr 2024 14:19 #6 by FredHayek
:atlas:

I love seeing all the LGBT spewing their antisemitic rants and hassling Jewish students. Same sex marriage is legal in Israel. Not in the Gaza Strip nor Iran.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Apr 2024 18:47 #7 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Here's some food for thought, Rick. It's an opinion piece.

This Republican war on universities is the essential history behind the current conflicts on campuses. The student protests and police crackdowns are a result of the attacks on universities since Bush’s presidency. These attacks have over the years undermined university leadership and provoked students, staff and faculty. External pressure has brought excessive police presence on to campuses, as witnessed across the country last week.

In 2015, Greg Abbott, a proud University of Texas graduate, replaced Perry as governor. Hopes for improved relations rose, briefly. Accused of being insufficiently conservative by far-right members of the Republican Party, Abbott soon looked to strengthen his anti-establishment credentials, and universities were easy scapegoats. He joined a chorus of critics who accused the University of Texas of excluding and demeaning conservative voices.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to blame conservatives for the hate that's been taught by the left.

Could you describe how these alleged "attacks" have anything to do with students intimidating Jewish students and backing the terrorists who decapitated babies on Oct 7th?

George Orwell

30 Apr 2024 21:01 #8 by FredHayek

Columbia University has called upon the NYPD to arrest the antisemitic students and their non-student allies.

Ironic since Columbia is very proud of their 1960 and 1970 student protests.

One thing to protest the Vietnam War and draft. Something quite different to assault Jewish students and faculty.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

01 May 2024 07:27 #9 by koobookie

Rick wrote: I was wondering how long it would take for someone to blame conservatives for the hate that's been taught by the left.

Prove it. Prove that hate is being taught by the left. Prove that hate is being taught at Universities. Back up you claim.

01 May 2024 09:35 #10 by koobookie
Instead of calling the students "hate filled" or other garbage, try to understand what it is they are doing.

From the opinion article I previously posted:

The demonstrations on behalf of Palestinians have roots in concerns about campus governance. After all, no one really believes that universities can somehow end this war.

There are, of course, good reasons why university leaders should not give in to protesters on these and other points. Many of the demands are naïve and one-sided. Some of the protests have devolved into antisemitic and other hateful behaviors that should be punished under campus behavior codes, when the evidence is clear and the perpetrators have been given due process.

But attacking the protesters (trying to “cancel” them), as happened when my university leaders brought police on to campus last week, only escalates the conflict and encourages more violence. The protesters already feel under siege from right-wing politicians and university administrators; police action reinforces that feeling and provokes more protest. So too do developments like the disclosure from the Republican Speaker of the House that he is considering reducing or eliminating federal funding for college campuses as protest continue.

Here's the link again:

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds