The Monsters The Left Created... What Now?

01 May 2024 09:41 #11 by FredHayek
Modern Americans are all about their rights, but they never think about their responsibilities.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2024 18:04 #12 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Instead of calling the students "hate filled" or other garbage, try to understand what it is they are doing.

From the opinion article I previously posted:

The demonstrations on behalf of Palestinians have roots in concerns about campus governance. After all, no one really believes that universities can somehow end this war.

There are, of course, good reasons why university leaders should not give in to protesters on these and other points. Many of the demands are naïve and one-sided. Some of the protests have devolved into antisemitic and other hateful behaviors that should be punished under campus behavior codes, when the evidence is clear and the perpetrators have been given due process.

But attacking the protesters (trying to “cancel” them), as happened when my university leaders brought police on to campus last week, only escalates the conflict and encourages more violence. The protesters already feel under siege from right-wing politicians and university administrators; police action reinforces that feeling and provokes more protest. So too do developments like the disclosure from the Republican Speaker of the House that he is considering reducing or eliminating federal funding for college campuses as protest continue.

Here's the link again:
www.cnn.com/2024/04/29/opinions/campus-p...gaza-suri/index.html

Why would I take anyone's opinion as gospel? The fact is, these people are backing terrorists and should be treated as such. If these radicals actually had a good education instead of a radical indoctrination, maybe they would be able to be successful and happy, instead of feeding off hatred of people they will never be able to relate to.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 May 2024 18:30 #13 by FredHayek

Attachments:

01 May 2024 19:22 #14 by Rick
That's a perfect one, Fred.

I can think of another similarity to past racist groups. Notice how many of these scumbags are wearing a mask or a scarf to cover their faces. Why do they need to cover their faces if it's such a righteous cause?

Let's see.... what other group of bigots covered their faces.... oh yeah, the KKK. But, if the KKK was 'peacefully' protesting the college for investing in the black community, would the school try to negotiate with them? Would the police have had to tiptoe around these people and be as gentle as possible? No, the police would have been able to do the right thing and forcibly drag their asses off the campus withing a few hours of the start.

Our universities have failed us as a country. They are the source of this new division... the source that initiated the new acceptable racism, called DEI. DEI is a topic I've never been able to get a liberal to even talk about it. I wonder why? But I digress...

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 May 2024 08:06 #15 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Our universities have failed us as a country. They are the source of this new division... the source that initiated the new acceptable racism, called DEI. DEI is a topic I've never been able to get a liberal to even talk about it. I wonder why? But I digress...

Perhaps because liberals understand you have no empathy for others, so it's a hopeless effort?

04 May 2024 08:25 - 04 May 2024 08:26 #16 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: Our universities have failed us as a country. They are the source of this new division... the source that initiated the new acceptable racism, called DEI. DEI is a topic I've never been able to get a liberal to even talk about it. I wonder why? But I digress...

Perhaps because liberals understand you have no empathy for others, so it's a hopeless effort?

You have no idea who I am in real life and how many people I’ve helped because of my empathy. It’s easy for you to make a statement like that than to argue the point Im making.

The point is that our universities are breeding grounds for hate, division, and racism. Whether you are willing to admit it or not, DEI is the new acceptable form of racism, because it discriminates against people based on skin color.

If you would like to tell me your definition of racism and discrimination, I’m all ears.

George Orwell

04 May 2024 09:55 #17 by koobookie

Rick wrote: The point is that our universities are breeding grounds for hate, division, and racism. Whether you are willing to admit it or not, DEI is the new acceptable form of racism, because it discriminates against people based on skin color.

The actual point is that you need to demonstrate is how "universities are breeding grounds for hate, division, and racism." I'd like to hear how that happens.

I fail to see how DEI is a bad thing. "Diversity, equity, and inclusion are organizational frameworks which seek to promote the fair treatment and full participation of all people, particularly groups who have historically been underrepresented or subject to discrimination on the basis of identity or disability."

Are you saying you're against diversity, equity and inclusion?

Are you advocating for "unequal treatment of members of various groups, based on conscious or unconscious prejudice, which favors one group over others on differences of race, gender, economic class, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, language, age, national identity, religion and other categories."

04 May 2024 11:35 #18 by Rick
If my son has higher qualifications for a job or for college admission, and he is passed over for someone else just because he has the wrong skin color, then yes DEI is racism wrapped in a faux blanket of "equity".

Racism is racism no matter what color or ethnicity is being discriminated against. Do you not agree with that statement? How exactly does discriminating against white and Asian people for college admission make our country better if more qualified people are passed over in order to bring in more colors of choice?

George Orwell

04 May 2024 21:53 #19 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: Perhaps because liberals understand you have no empathy for others, so it's a hopeless effort?

Is that what we are seeing? Liberal empathy. LOL

05 May 2024 07:30 #20 by FredHayek
It is empathy to give a drug user one hundred dollars so he can get more fentanyl?

Is it empathy to let them build tent cities on college campuses and on city streets?

Is it empathy to let illegal aliens who commit felonies in the US stay here anyways?

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds