SUMS IT UP QUITE WELL.......

18 Jun 2024 10:59 - 18 Jun 2024 11:00 #1 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/style/power/2024/...af4b00d189674ce4a1ac

He’s far more Darth Vader than Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you strike him down, he doesn’t become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.”

To be fair to the worriers, there is a playbook for turning something as obviously bad as a criminal conviction into a political advantage. It just usually happens in other countries.

“This is a unique situation for the United States,” says Kateryna Odarchenko, a political consultant who worked for onetime Ukrainian prime minister and political prisoner Yulia Tymoshenko. “But in other countries where political persecution really exists, candidates use their criminal cases against them to say, ‘You see, I effectively fought the system, and they came for me.’” Trump has a potential opportunity, Odarchenko says, to try to use the case against him to cast himself as a “classical hero” fighting against a “big evil.” And he’s going there. “I was just convicted in a RIGGED political Witch Hunt trial: I DID NOTHING WRONG!” screamed a recent fundraising plea.

seems logical to me.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2024 16:29 #2 by FredHayek
There have always been different rules for the rich and powerful. They didn't have to play the same way we did. Whether it was the NDA slush fund Congress has to keep their sexual victims silent or Epstein Island where politicians and celebrities took advantage of the young and powerless.

Notice how Epstein and his assistant were jailed and silenced, but who controls the videotapes now? The CIA? The DOJ? Who is getting blackmailed?

Or who has to suffer through public trials right now? Right before an election?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jun 2024 17:30 #3 by FredHayek

Maybe Gaia has already killed us and we are living in a Matrix style simulation as she repairs herself?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds