CNN Presidential Debate June 27th Thursday

23 Jun 2024 08:35 #11 by Rick
One candidate can speak for hours without notes and one can't get through 15 minutes of reading from a teleprompter without messing up.

Just like Hillary, Joe has the questions, it's just a matter of how well he delivers the answers (that he will also be given by his handlers).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2024 09:19 #12 by FredHayek
Debate strategies?
It might behoove both nominees to let the other one ramble on as long as possible. Both are best at short responses, yet both tend to want to keep speaking as long as they can.

Will either one be able to keep their answers short and concise?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jun 2024 09:32 #13 by Rick
Because of the unprecedented rules, they will have no choice but to make their points quickly before they get their mikes cut. Biden will already have his answers ready so it shouldn't be very difficult to accomplish that, for him anyway. Trump, on the other hand, will be debating the moderators as well, like Republican candidates have had to do in the past. Trump must be pretty confident in order to agree to do this in the enemy camp... Biden would never agree to a debate on FOX.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Jun 2024 09:35 #14 by FredHayek
Even then Fox has in the past bent over backwards to protect the Democrat debate representative because they didn't want to be accused of bias.

24 Jun 2024 14:16 #15 by FredHayek
Jake Tapper compares President Trump to Hitler. He needs to step aside for the debate. He is simply too partisan.

24 Jun 2024 18:14 #16 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Jake Tapper compares President Trump to Hitler. He needs to step aside for the debate. He is simply too partisan.

Ids there anyone on that network that is less biased than Jake? The whole network is only surviving because of Trump.

George Orwell

24 Jun 2024 19:10 #17 by FredHayek
Yes, after I pointed this out, others said Dana Bash is even more of a partisan.

President Trump should have never accepted the debate under these moderators

24 Jun 2024 21:24 #18 by FredHayek

Interesting spin on the upcoming debate from the "Holding Biden Accountable" X account.

Attachments:

25 Jun 2024 07:44 #19 by koobookie

Rick wrote: One candidate can speak for hours without notes and one can't get through 15 minutes of reading from a teleprompter without messing up.

Yes, the former guy can speak for hours without notes, but he doesn't actually say anything coherent. Have you listened to him, Rick? First, there's sharks and electricity...

“I say, ‘What would happen if the boat sank from its weight and you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery and the battery’s underwater, and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there?’ By the way, a lot of shark attacks lately. Do you notice that? A lot of shark … I watched some guys justifying it today: ‘Well, they weren’t really that angry. They bit off the young lady’s leg because of the fact that they were not hungry, but they misunderstood who she was.’ These people are crazy.”

Then there's migrants cage fights...

Referring to Dana White, Trump told the audience, “I said, ‘Dana, I have an idea. Why don’t you set up a migrant league of fighters and have your regular league of fighters, and then you have the champion of your league — these are the greatest fighters in the world — fight the champion of the migrants.’ I think the migrant guy might win, that’s how tough they are. He didn’t like that idea too much, but actually, it’s not the worst idea I’ve ever had. No, it’s, these are tough people, these people are tough, and they’re nasty, mean.”

That's your hero, Rick.

Rick wrote: Just like Hillary, Joe has the questions, it's just a matter of how well he delivers the answers (that he will also be given by his handlers).

Where's your evidence that the questions are being given to Biden or were given to Hillary?

25 Jun 2024 07:46 #20 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Even then Fox has in the past bent over backwards to protect the Democrat debate representative because they didn't want to be accused of bias.

That's called "being impartial." Ever think of that? Probably not, since you see everything through conspiracy glasses.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds