Time to be HONEST, for Once

14 Jul 2024 20:10 #1 by Rick
I have a question for the last two remaining liberals on this board.

When you heard Trump was shot, were you relieved that the bullet just nicked and didn’t blow his head apart? If you really believe Trump is a threat the our democracy and is like Hitler, why wouldn’t you want him dead?

It’s an easy question and you don’t have to dance around it… be honest.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2024 06:45 #2 by homeagain
I am going to post ONE LAST TIME (TO RESPOND TO THIS QUERY)....i am 77 y.o.,I vividly remember the dire day the JFK was shot to death. My initial reaction was disbelief and then a DEEP .DESPAIR when I heard the news (saw the tape) of Trumps trauma and that I COULD HAVE witnessed another senseless,stupid,slaughter of another human being.....when u see history repeat itself, it becomes incomprehensible that,as a nation, we have LEARNED NOTHING....SIXTY YEARS LATER,. color me grieving for AMERICA. ......stop the senseless searing politics and allow the nation to heal and have a REAL governing body that puts principles and integrity back into the equation. WE HAVE A CHANCE TO
REPAIR the wreck we have created......r we evolved enough to accomplish that???.

slaughter

15 Jul 2024 08:32 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Time to be HONEST, for Once
While I really do appreciate and agree with your answer, it doesn't make sense to me.

This country is far more important than the life of one man. If you believe this man, Trump, is a threat to democracy and will never leave office, isn't that a man that should be removed from this planet? If you woke up and Trump was dead, well, wouldn't that be the best thing for America if he's the guy that is supposedly going to destroy America?

You either really don't believe Trump is a threat to our country, or you do and you've chosen not to tell the truth about how you'd feel if he was dead.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds