Tim Walz? Who Is Harris's New VP?

13 Aug 2024 08:12 #31 by koobookie
Let me see if I have this straight - Walz was in the military for 24 years. You all have a problem with that? You can't say "Thank you, Tim, for your service." You have to take one issue and then run with itblow it out of proportion, just like conservatives did 20 years ago to John Kerry.

From what I've read, in interviews prior to his selection as VP running mate, he has corrected journalists who say he was in Afghanistan, saying "No, I was not there." Is that not enough for you? You have to slander with "stolen valor."

Meanwhile, Trump has had five deferments from the draft and abandoned his country when he was called to serve. Yet, you don't criticize him? Hypocrisy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Aug 2024 08:16 #32 by LadyJazzer
They don't know any better, and it's all that they know how to do... Weird.

Hey, and in the meantime:

Arizona voters will get to decide in November whether to add the right to an abortion to the state constitution. The Arizona secretary of state’s office said Monday that it had certified 577,971 signatures — far above the required number that the coalition supporting the ballot measure had to submit in order to put the question before voters.

They finally blew past the restrictions the ReThuglican Secretary of State was trying to use to throw it off the ballot. Arizona will finally get the right to decide what to do with their own bodies free of government and religious wackos interference. ANOTHER good day to celebrate.

Captain Combover is going down...
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

13 Aug 2024 09:50 #33 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Let me see if I have this straight - Walz was in the military for 24 years. You all have a problem with that? You can't say "Thank you, Tim, for your service." You have to take one issue and then run with itblow it out of proportion, just like conservatives did 20 years ago to John Kerry.

Why would anyone thank a man who continually lies about his military service? Why lie about your rank and why lie about serving in war when you clearly bailed to avoid going to war?

Which part of what I just said is a lie?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Aug 2024 09:51 #34 by LadyJazzer

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: Let me see if I have this straight - Walz was in the military for 24 years. You all have a problem with that? You can't say "Thank you, Tim, for your service." You have to take one issue and then run with itblow it out of proportion, just like conservatives did 20 years ago to John Kerry.

Why would anyone thank a man who continually lies about his military service? Why lie about your rank and why lie about serving in war when you clearly bailed to avoid going to war?

All of it.

13 Aug 2024 10:04 #35 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

13 Aug 2024 10:05 #36 by FredHayek

From what I've read, in interviews prior to his selection as VP running mate, he has corrected journalists who say he was in Afghanistan, saying "No, I was not there." Is that not enough for you? You have to slander with "stolen valor."

Meanwhile, Trump has had five deferments from the draft and abandoned his country when he was called to serve. Yet, you don't criticize him? Hypocrisy.

Walz didn't lie, he just misspoke!

Like Hillary Clinton claiming to having taken incoming fire while landing at a base? Now Timmay claims that he was on a base in Bagram, Iraq. Except Bagram is in Afghanistan. Of course, the press refused to challenge him on this.

Funniest part? Tim Walz taught geography. (Probably didn't teach it very well if he doesn't know where the Bagram Air Force was located.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Aug 2024 10:25 #37 by FredHayek
Turns out the press reporting on Tim Walz's time in Afghanistan was inaccurate. The press got something wrong? How surprising. Might be in attempting to build him up like the partisans they are, they made the statement he served overseas. And because most reporters are below average IQ's, they placed Bagram in Iraq.

Yet K continues to trust these bozos.

13 Aug 2024 10:28 #38 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Turns out the press reporting on Tim Walz's time in Afghanistan was inaccurate. The press got something wrong? How surprising. Might be in attempting to build him up like the partisans they are, they made the statement he served overseas. And because most reporters are below average IQ's, they placed Bagram in Iraq.

Yet K continues to trust these bozos.

So you trust the press to not trust the press to report on the press....? Weird.

13 Aug 2024 10:39 #39 by FredHayek
Yes, looks like we need to fact check the candidates, fact check the reporters, and then also fact check the fact checkers.

For example, Snopes is run by a far left couple. So always read between the lines on their material. They have been very partisan at times, or parsed the truth.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds