Real Estate Crime Data?

19 Oct 2024 11:53 #1 by FredHayek

Would you want to know the crime data for the neighborhood you are planning to buy a home in?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2024 14:46 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Real Estate Crime Data?
I was having a conversation with a VERY solid and productive r.e. agent...she was nice enough to explain the NEW BUYER/SELLER contract rules and the impact on the industry.. THEN we got into a discussion of the hazards of the new rules.. ready to blow your mind? U know the virtual tour listings, the open houses option? the NEW theft trend (doesn't matter what upscale 'hood u r in) r a tool for the savvy ,,,,'RING and other "security measures" r being utilized by "trendy thief" to locate all the entry options,the hazards to avoid and to scope out the general terrain. WHO then has the responsibility IF their is a "break in" when it is under contract or as a listing pending? U have to have a WRITTEN CONTRACT WITH AN AGENT TO SEE A HOME,THAT CONTRACT IS BIDING,,,,,no more free tours of homes. The seller is required to pay the r.e. fees, not the buyer....it is all fine tune negotiating. The new laws open up a huge can of worms....

19 Oct 2024 15:16 - 19 Oct 2024 15:16 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Real Estate Crime Data?
The last year I lived in LakeHood, my car was broken into 3 times and my neighbor was robbed at gunpoint and had to hand over his car in front of his kids. I’m sure the new buyer had no idea what kind of hellhole he just moved to. I was in one of the nicest neighborhoods bordering Lakewood Country Club.

Now I haven’t locked a car door in 2 years. It doesn’t matter how much security you have… a shitty city will eventually wear you down. That info should be required but the Im glad it wasn’t in my case.

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

19 Oct 2024 16:37 #4 by homeagain
WELL, it's been almost 10 years here in Montrose....crime is way up,the odd thing is,we live in a defunct subdivision (ranch land) and there is not much lighting,our neighbors all prefer DARK,so their outdoor lights r not on. SO FAR, I feel safe....just like in the mountains,where it is ink black and the stars twinkle...of course there is ambient lighting from the town,but we have not been vandalized....guess knock on wood..

19 Oct 2024 16:50 #5 by homeagain
DISCLOSURE is a big thing...buyer beware, some factors do not have to be disclosed. The discretion of the realtor is all important and U ASKING requires them to disclose....otherwise they r not obligated. Case in point...across the street, a house went up for sale (several years ago). This house had a murder /suicide
background.. I asked the next door neighbor if the realtor had disclosed this. GOOD ON THE R.E....she had.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds