I don't usually post on the 27th, but

27 Aug 2010 14:23 #11 by EddieWess
My wife saw a similar thing a couple of years age on 73 in Evergreen. She got the plate number and called CSP. Their response was, could she positively identify the person who threw out the cigarette butt, she said she didn't see the persons face but had the plate number. She was told that that just wasn't going to cut it. I think you just about have to be able to pick the person out of a 'line up.'

We were following a car with Kansas plates up the hill last weekend. The driver was dangling his arm out the window with a cigarrette in his fingers. I wanted my wife to pulled up next to him so I could warn him about dropping the butt, but he got away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2010 14:37 #12 by Blue Columbine
kudos to you TPP!! I do not get some smoker's attitudes that throwing a cigarette butt out of their car window isn't littering....not to mention the fire issue. How soon folks forget the Dakota Ridge fire recently. It ran from the side of 470 right up the hogback...doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine the cause....Gets my panties in a bunch just thinking about it! :angry:

27 Aug 2010 14:40 #13 by Photo-fish
I have a friend that insists that he always makes sure the butt is out before he tosses it out the window. :bash

How the heck do you do that? and if you are putting it out in the car why not just throw the butt in the garbage?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 Aug 2010 15:13 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I don't usually post on the 27th, but
Uh, ask a truck driver the things they have seen. I know one been driving for over 20 years and you would not believe the stories.

27 Aug 2010 16:32 #15 by ShilohLady
Just wondering, TPP, why is it that you don't usually post on the 27th ??

08 Sep 2010 05:58 #16 by TPP
In Memory of Emily.

08 Sep 2010 06:14 #17 by RenegadeCJ
My new habit when I see someone flicking a butt out is to take a quick couple of pictures with my cell...one of their plate, one location of where they flicked it, and if I can, a quick shot of them, if they aren't speeding.

If there is a fire started by one of these idiots, I'll have some photo info for the county.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds