Company plans to sell genetic testing kit at drugstores

14 May 2010 08:34 #11 by JMC

LopingAlong wrote: JMC, where did you get the test? Was it the same saliva test they are talking about on TV? What testing did they do and who did it? Sounds interesting and if people remembered that environment plays a huge if not a majority role in things like cancer, it could be a good thing indeed. Thanks for the info!

It's from National Geographic. I found it on their web site . They send you a kit ,you swab and sent it back and in about 3 weeks you can check on line. It traces your dna( women can only do their mothers side, men can do either) and trace back 60,000 years. It cost around $100. I gave this as a xmas present to some relatives this year and they all loved it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2010 08:36 #12 by CinnamonGirl
about 8 years I go, I think it was, my brother did a paternity test at home. They sent it, they both swabbed and it was his. LOL. We won't go into that part of it. But I was amazed.

14 May 2010 08:44 #13 by Rockdoc
Thank you for the warm reception.

Marriage? When? I'm ready as soon as my darling is ready.

And yes, lopingalong, he nailed it. It's a great start and one needs to start in order to finish.

14 May 2010 09:16 #14 by LopingAlong
Rock? Sunshine? You're not getting married? See? Darn mountain gossip anyway! How ever you look at it, good to have you here and Rockdoc, is that house finished yet? Pictures please? It's a beautiful place!

Back on topic--Thanks for the NatGeo info JMC. I'd LOVE to know the DNA info on my mom's side. Don't know where those people came from...supposed to be Danish and not sure what else. Dad's side I know. I'm of Egyptian origin, complete with a town with the same name as my maiden name. Cool! I think I'll do it!

14 May 2010 09:24 #15 by CinnamonGirl
I don't know why but I have no interest in knowing anything about my DNA.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds