The Billionaires Bankrolling the Tea Party

29 Aug 2010 11:25 #21 by Scruffy

Becky wrote: The grammar police are back. Why is it when someone disagrees with another....they attack the grammar? Is it an attempt to diminish someones belief or ideas by pointing out that they are somehow to stupid to use good grammar so therefore their thoughts should be discounted?
Just curious.

Why is it when the grammar police return, they are instantly attacked for attacking grammar? Is it some deep seated resentment of their second grade teacher that makes people attack those that correct their grammar?

(Please note that I am just kidding - We really need a sarcasm emoticon.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2010 11:30 #22 by CC
LJ...have you suffered from this kind of paranoia for very long?
This is my 6th post on this thread. Two had nothing to do with you.
It is interesting that I would make an observation and you would consider that an attack.
I asked a question. You answered with an attack. LOL.
Just sayin' :)

29 Aug 2010 11:34 #23 by HEARTLESS
The part I find the most amusing is that the Democrats have become the party of status quo, when that term used to be applied to conservatives. Now its just more tax, spend and "hep me, hep me oh mighty Obama."

The silent majority will be silent no more.

29 Aug 2010 11:35 #24 by CC

Why is it when the grammar police return, they are instantly attacked for attacking grammar? Is it some deep seated resentment of their second grade teacher that makes people attack those that correct their grammar?

I got it ;)

29 Aug 2010 11:37 #25 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote: Now you're up to five posts attacking me personally rather than dealing with the bullsh** about which group is actually trying to "change the Constitution."

Rave on... What? Can't back up your shoot-from-the-lip claim about which group is trying to do that?

The Democrats and you know it. They attack the 1st, 2nd, 10th and many others. You can't spin that on the Republicans.

29 Aug 2010 11:38 #26 by CC
How about this one....

29 Aug 2010 12:00 #27 by LadyJazzer
Since noone seems to be able to remember the question, I'll repeat it:

The Viking wrote: Everyone in the governemnt who trys to change our Constitution?

Would that be like the right-wing wackos that want to amend the First Amendment because they don't like Muslims having their freedom of religion? Or the 17th Amendment because they don't like the citizens being able to elect their own Senators? Or the 14th Amendment because "Equal Protection under the law" covers too many groups you don't like?

You mean like THAT "everyone who tries to change our Constitution?"

Last I heard, the 2nd Amendment has recently been expanded to cover more personal ownership rights than were there before.

The 1st Amendment appears to be YOUR problem. The 10th is your fallback position on everything else you don't like. I'm unimpressed.

29 Aug 2010 13:25 #28 by AspenValley

The Viking wrote: I have an IQ well north of 130, and could join Mensa.

So why haven't you joined?

29 Aug 2010 13:34 #29 by The Viking

AspenValley wrote:

The Viking wrote: I have an IQ well north of 130, and could join Mensa.

So why haven't you joined?

I haven't really looked into it. I might test for it someday. Not really top on my priority list.

29 Aug 2010 13:39 #30 by AspenValley
Oh, so you haven't taken the Mensa test then. So what test did you take? The scales vary a lot and 130 on one test might be 115 on another. That is, when you are talking about scientifically normed tests, not the junk you see on the internet. My cat could score 130 on one of those.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds